FS: '61 Flxible Buick CHEAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: '61 Flxible Buick CHEAP

Yesterday I caught wind of a more 'private' vintage yard about 15 miles away and called looking for various parts. Once the owner said that he has a decent restorable '61 I was out the door thinking of Boogeyman Con Carne!

Unfortunately in my haste I neglected to ask if it was a Cadillac...heh.

Turns out being a Flxible Buick, Model FB 610. Owner says that it was an ambulance, although it is a combination. Glass all the way around, folding attendants seats, etc. Typical Texas sunburnt paint. Some minor rust in a couple areas. Windshield is broken (regular, not commercial), rest of glass is good. Looks complete down too the rollers, although there is a bunch-o-crap inside and I failed to scrutinize. This model has the mirrored dash and front bumper used on the rear as well. Motor turns.

Henry, the owner, is a swell guy. Seriously. He gave permission to pass his number out and would like a whopping $800 for this Buick! Really a fair price for a vintage project. Call him directly and make certain to reference me: 512.272.4114

Location is Austin, TX. I'll add pics to this thread tomorrow and can help facilitate for out of towners.

Minor rust perforation in hood's front edge- 'bout all on the body. Sills need some attention.

Comment

Hey Atti, what are the chances that this Flxible glass is the same spec as M+M glass? As far as the rear corners and rear loading door at least? I need a spare rear door glass for my 61 M+M, and the corner glass looks the same as 59-62 Futuras...

Comment

Thought crossed my mind when I was standing next to it Larry. May have been the optical mixing of the lower roof but the glass did look shorter. Moldings were different. If MM measurements are provided I can see how this matches up.

Got the feeling Henry wanted to keep this unit whole though but can't say definitively.

Comment

Here's a look at the rear quarter of the 60 presently up for adoption:

Without measuring, it looks too similar to be different... Even the trim looks about right in texture/style... Not something I need (the corners), but the glass would be worth the purchase price alone if it does fit...

Comment

Okay Atti, got a set of measurements from a 59-62 Futura Caddy. Follow links for pics:

Corner windows: http://www.servimg.com/image_preview...490&u=12455792

Rear door window: http://www.servimg.com/image_preview...491&u=12455792

Comment

Ah, using Martin's measurements...very nice! I'm not so sure the curved glass is the same since on the MM the glass curves up to meet the door glass.

Comment

I don't know if it is the same either. Personally, I'd love a spare rear glass for my 61... The curved glass I can't really use, but I'm sure one of the GB guys could

Comment

Indeed, I'd be happy with the drivers side rear for my 59...

Comment

Don't you mean passenger side rear..? Heh.

Comment

I thought it was the passenger side but indeed it is the drivers side. That's what happens when you're 2300 miles away from your coach and you have someone looking at it who doesn't know what they're looking at!

Comment

Spoke with Henry this afternoon. He agrees the glass is probably borrowed from another coach. Busy week but perhaps Saturday I can return and measure.

Comment

Curves weren't the easiest to measure. (Don't ask how I forgot to write down the rear window horizontal dimensions.) Seeing as the glass pieces are larger than my measurements, I'm now 99% certain the corner pieces are the same as MM.

Although no distinguishing numbers, bottom corner of all three are etched: HERCULITE 490

And since there was less foliage, a couple full body shots.

Still $800 for the entire coach. Henry now states he'd part it, if given $500 for the back 3 pieces of glass. Didn't see rollers but the attendant's seats are there. Realized today that the original color was gold, matching the interior. Must have been pretty sharp when in service.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                            Curves weren't the easiest to measure. (Don't ask how I forgot to write down the rear window horizontal dimensions.) Seeing as the glass pieces are larger than my measurements, I'm now 99% certain the corner pieces are the same as MM.

Although no distinguishing numbers, bottom corner of all three are etched: HERCULITE 490

And since there was less foliage, a couple full body shots.

Still $800 for the entire coach. Henry now states he'd part it, if given $500 for the back 3 pieces of glass. Didn't see rollers but the attendant's seats are there. Realized today that the original color was gold, matching the interior. Must have been pretty sharp when in service.
                            I have been looking at this car ever since hearing about it being for sale! The only thing that im curious about is the Flxible tag: its missing 3 digits, its supposed to read (FB610L-61) it also reads that it is #11&4 not sure if the missing # is a 1 or 2 but mine is #1115. Here is a picture of the Flxible tag and my tag!!! Just curious to know!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Different does not equate to "supposed to" or "missing". A stated before, these were hand built. The harder one looks - the more details may be off between two like models. I'll go through the Flxible book and look if I have spare time in the next week.

How comical would it be if these two end up being consecutive serial numbers?

Comment

Working...
                              X