FS: mild kustom '67 MM in CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: mild kustom '67 MM in CA

Shaved and bagged for $2900. Lot of work already done for that asking price... Color me impressed. Someone on the West Coast should look at this.

Pretty cool!

Comment

Poked around the rest of the seller's photo albums and cars for sale. Check out this ultra rare Broadmoor lurking:

Comment

Bitchin!

Comment

Oh yeah? Check this one out.

Sucks that the motors been switched out for a chev 350, but what a price!

Comment

That thing does look dope like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
              Poked around the rest of the seller's photo albums and cars for sale. Check out this ultra rare Broadmoor lurking:

Betcha he never intended to reveal he has a Broadmoor hidden away in the corner of his shop... i'm impressed!!!

Comment

Atti, in another pic here you can see a bumper end... that makes it either a '54 or '55, no earlier & no later. I've read about the Broadmoor Hotel sightseeing limos but don't remember specifics on how many were ordered & when... do you know? I'm thinking they ordered 5 - 7 every few years & they were built exclusivly for the hotel. Also... wonder if one this early has the skylights? Hmmmmm i'm sure the guy knows what he has...

Comment

Correct: For Broadmoor hotel; every few years; all had 'Skyview' roof panels. '55s. I don't recall either offhand how many were made. Very few - and it seems a high percentage exist.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Few more.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Doing a detailed search... only 5 were built in 1955 & 1956 for the hotel. They ordered 6 more in 1959 "to replace the aging fleet of 1955 & 1956 coaches". The original fleet was built by S&S and in 1959 they were built by Superior. Sorry to kinda hijack your thread Atti, but these broadmoors are so fascinating & I had no idea they had a fleet before the 1959's were built.
                      HISTORY LESSON: For those still scratching your heads, here's the whole story on the Broadmoor Hotel "limos".
                      Hess & Eisenhardt (USA) Skyview Limousine [6 were built as tour cars for the Broadmoor hotel, Colorado]. All were finished in Mandan red with Pecos beige upper side window trim. These wagons could accommodate twelve passengers. There is at least one known survivor; it was offered for sale in SSA89, p.32. Photo McC p.311 [test prototype] and SS 10/96, rear cover. Article in SSA96, pp.20-27. One more survivor (perhaps the same one?) was on sale in the Self-Starter issue for April, 2001. Look also at the Dream Cars section for 1955, to view other another creation by H&E, considered to be more a dream car than a professional model. Built to replace a group of aging Cadillac Series 75 sightseeing coaches built in 1947, the Hess & Eisenhardt Skyview limousines were built using a Cadillac Series 86 commercial chassis mated to a slightly altered Sayers & Scovill limousine-style hearse body. On some of the cars, four large smoked Plexiglas panels supported by a framework of exposed chrome-plated cross-members were inserted into the roofs for year-round sightseeing. The other Skyviews featured a roll-back canvas roof similar to the ones found in A.J. Miller's pre-war Broadmoor coaches. The Skyview's were built using a body-shell from a S&S Victoria funeral coach, but the Broadmoors's sloping C-pillars differed in one respect. Although set at an angle, they were perfectly straight and unique to the Skyview while the sloped C-pillars found on a Victoria funeral coach were noticeably curved. Skyviews shared the 3-piece rear windows found on most S&S professional cars (except for the high headroom ambulance and flower car) but the glass was fixed in place. The bottom half of the rear loading door opened into a small storage cavity behind the rear seat and the spare tire was stored in an under-floor compartment. A feature unique to 1955 Broadmoors was their Eldorado-sourced rear wheel openings, which did not continue into the 1956 editions. Six were built and three are known to survive. Surprisingly when the Broadmoor Hotel replaced the aging 1955-56 SkyViews in 1959, Hess & Eisenhardt's arch-rival, Superior Coach was awarded the contract.

the entire fleet of 5 in 1956

skyview windows

Obviously the same one in Atti's original find!

one last discovered shot of Atti's find
                      Last edited by hotroddwayne; 10-05-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

IMG_6070.jpg
                        Look familiar?! I ended up buying that hearse in april of last year. I was shocked it hadn't sold, I don't think the guy selling it cared about it, he deals in much more rare, high dollar Cadillac restorations (he actually had TWO broadmoor's!). This past year has been tough for me but things are finally getting good. I can finally start working on it and I will have it on the road this summer.

Comment

Welcome LongshoreKustoms.

Looks like a great project, I'm glad it found someone that cares about it.

Comment

Thanks, I'm really excited to get it going. I've always been into low stuff and thought hearses were cool even as a kid. I will be completely rebagging it, most of the work is kinda questionable. I want to make it safe and road worthy and then I can always improve on the rest later. I am living in Germany (otherwise I'd be working on it right now!) but am returning home to southern California very soon. We'll have to meet up and drag our hearses side by side!

Originally posted by Creepy Cruiser View Post
                            Welcome LongshoreKustoms.

Looks like a great project, I'm glad it found someone that cares about it.

Comment

is the black 67 mm for sale?

Comment

Working...
                              X