PARTING: '58 Olds combination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PARTING: '58 Olds combination

This coach is 5 friggin' hours from me. Rusted, missing a front fender. I'd prefer not to make arrangements and drag it back.

However, if you can use ANY parts off it, respond! Pretty sure Supersnake is going to claim the glass (same as '59 MM) and it has already been offered to him. Very good chance I'm making a trip later today.

Made it to see this Olds tonight - ended up being about an hour away. (Gotta' love numerous cities by the same name.) Working on uploading pics and will add soon.

I did not buy the coach for a couple reasons. Mainly, it is too rare to part out. Condition is actually better than I was anticipating too - although it requires EVERYTHING. Front clip needs replaced (I know where one is). Rear bumper is toast. Rear window gone (as is front seat). Think the bumper and window are the largest hurdles. Basic rust repair: Front floors need work. Driver's sill needs replaced. Rear wheel arches, quarters, door bottoms, rear floor all solid. All the trim pieces seem to be present, as do the Comet badges and crests.

The owner is a super sweet lady who's soon to be ex-husband left this around. With a couple young mouths to provide for, she's in a tough financial spot. My gut says that just a few hundred $$$ will buy. Seriously.

Contact Jewelee Stafford directly: jeweleestafford@yahoo.com or 512.705.3097 after 6pm CST.

Comment

Not for the faint of heart. I will cross post in the hopes that someone saves this.

Rear quarter windows appear original and are acrylic. Crazing in the driver's side window.

Passenger side sill solid.

Comment

Fender, front bumper, some moldings are here in the back.

Windshield is good too.

Here is the real reason this rare coach is salvageable:

Rot free TX '58 Olds parts car sitting about 2 hours away from the hearse. Squint and imagine the whole front end grafted and now you've got something - and the initial investment between both could well be under $1500. Palatable enough for an odd chromasaurus?

Comment

Man thats right up my alley!
          I know of a '58 Olds in a creek bed around here too!

Comment

Maybe if you haven't been on a mad hearse buying spree of late!

Comment

No sh*t!! Somebody hold my wallet for me!

Comment

SOLD!
                Jewelee informed today that this '58 is headed to Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                X