X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 CADILLAC SUPERIOR HEARSE

1957 Cadillac Superior

Mileage: 88,000

$8,000 is the price I am trying to get out of this hearse. It is in good shape, over-all and comes with all the original chrome/other exterior appointments (i.e. side-mirrors, tail-light lenses, spot-lights, emblem, hub-caps, grill, etc: of exterior original, factory-pieces, none are missing), mourners seats, casket rollers and window cranks, interior, etc. There are a lot more photos posted in Photobucket; follow this link for a more detailed look (pics showing all pieces, including some of the equipment listed above, are not yet available):

Obviously, its not in mint condition but all of the hard-to-replace, curved-glass pieces are w/o cracking or breakage. The pink velvet interior is completely disintegrating, of course (along with seat-cushions). Two of the straight windows will need replaced. It has not been in use for about 10 years. Painting it will be the only real work on the exterior except for the prep work on the many surface rust spots that are beginning to develop (and of course, the door-seals are dry rotting); however (being that it is just surface-affected), a little effort will go a long way to remedy this, as nothings rusted through. It spent the majority of its existence inside a (Dayton) Huber Heights, Ohio garage but was moved to where it was recently photographed (Photobucket pics..) , around 4 years ago. The engine and systems relevant for running and driving are all original as well. In this area, fuel pump, gas-line and tank will need to be dealt with and battery replaced before it will be possible to get it to start. The tires were new (10 years ago...!) but this is no basket-case. This is a restoration to sink your teeth into but one w/o risk that you will wind up breaking them off while up-to-your-ears in it! A little time, a lot of love and limited inve$tment will get you functional enough to start it up and the simplicity of its engine and crucial systems ensures an amount of ease during restorations/repairs. There are views showing whats under the hood in the Photobucket album, as well. Take a look and contact me via my Gmail account and lets talk about you buying it, if you are interested in purchase of this sweet hearse. Ill offer my phone contact & location info upon your request.

I am selling this car for a friend and don't really know that much about the history of this year, make and model so if you have this kind of info please send it or post it here! Thanks, Fuzzy
    Last edited by fuzzysuzuki; 11-01-2009, 08:38 PM.

I am in dayton and will take it i praying you still have it because all my dreams just came true when i saw this car its the exact body and make model ive been looking for please if u still have this car you can either email me at grimsbystreaper@yahoo or cell phone at 937 718 5662 id like to be able to come and check it out in person though b4 i buy please contact me asap if you leave a voicemail tell ing me who u r ill return as soon as i get it thank u again

Comment

Own 1957 Cadillac Hearse- engine may be Buick 365 c.i.d.-please reply

Comment

Did you find a hearse??

Comment

Working...
        X