Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1968 Cadillac Superior End Loader Crown Edition for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 Cadillac Superior End Loader Crown Edition for sale.

1968 Cadillac Superior End Loader Crown Sovereign for sale.

It breaks my heart, but with this economy the way it is, I have been forced to try and sell my donor hearse. She's been wonderful to me this past year-and-a-half, and as much as it kills me, her time as come to try and find a new home. Here's some details:

1968 Cadillac Superior End-Loader.

Crown Edition (very rare).

One of about 180 ever produced.

She has a strong-but-rough running Cadillac 472 (7.7 litre) engine that'd I'd much prefer to transplant into my 3-way, but times are tough... that's not happening any time soon.

Year-old, rarely driven steel wheels and heavy-duty tires.

Exterior is pure hearse, interior is combo (jump seats, rollers, etc.)

Paint is flat primer.

Various extra trim pieces in the back.

Gets surprisingly good milage for such a heavy and powerful vehicle.

Dash electronics don't work (except for speedo).

Needs a new alternator.

She drives, and drives well, but the battery connections could use a good sanding to make the connection clean.

She's needed a bit of priming to get running last few times I drove her, too.

Would recommend flat-bedding her if you live far away.

Clean and clear Michigan title.

I haven't done much work to her as she was purchased to help make my 3-way be a better beast, but she's solid. I've driven her a lot more than my 3-way and she's great to be seen in. Needs a tune-up and could use some body work, but she's a great car and she will be missed dearly.

Also, because of my financial situation with her, I cannot do any sort of payment plan. If you need one, ask your local bank or credit union. Cash or certified bank check only, please.

Asking $2,500. Metro Detroit area.

iamthenix@gmail.com

Last edited by Death_By_Design; 11-04-2009, 10:59 AM. Reason: Info update

Formal (closed) rear quarters make this a Crown Sovereign.

Although you state both end loader and combination, this coach is not an end loader. Even without interior shots, the fresh air vent on the driver's side screams combination. (This happens to be the latest I've seen Superior using that vent, btw.)

Very odd coach! Not for just being a Landaulet combination but a Sovereign at that. Bet not a handful of the 180 figure were made in this exact configuration. Very few landau combinations remain today regardless of coach builder. I almost bought a '57 about 12 years ago. Tulsa Guy recently picked one up. Evilelvis has a '60 Superior.... Not many.

Good luck with your sale!
    Last edited by 60Crown; 11-04-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

How are the floors?

Comment

Atti, thanks for the extra info! I'll put up some interior shots tomorrow (when there's light).

As for the floors, not gonna lie, they're not great. far as I can tell (and I'll get shots) from the front seats back, they're pretty good (not great). But under the accelerator, there's definitely a couple holes. But nothing that can't be fixed with a little know-how.

Comment

Here's a link to more photos... sorry it took so long!

Comment

Nice but it seems to be missing part of the hood...I am looking in my cookie jar for cash, I have a '68superior combo and parts are always nice...

Comment

Those are trim parts that are parts to the main grille area, not the hood. And those slats are part of the trim pieces in the back of the hearse.

Comment

Working...
              X