'53 S&S Combination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '53 S&S Combination

Knickerbocker? Can't recall what year that term started being used. This is local to me. I've known about it since last year. The owner would let me have it really cheap but I've finally decided not to take on another project at this time.

I like this because it is soo0Oo super solid AND is a great basis for a kustom.

No engine. Most of front sheet metal gone. However, there is a '53 parts car located about 30 miles north of it to donate a front clip and maybe a 331 too - if stock is the goal:

Pretty sure both can be purchased for less than $1500. Big project, I know. The S&S property owner recently scrapped 30 cars, made $10k, and is eyeballing doing more. I'd like to see this make it to a good home!

Returned today. Cut mesquite until my forearms bled. Took a few better pictures with brush now out of the way:

Didn't realize that the transmission is a LaSalle side shifting standard - not the preferred top shifting of hotrodders but still a pricey little item. Bellhousing is there too, no flywheel.

With a broken rear window and missing trim, this is begging for kustomizing...I'm just sayin'... Think early '50s Cadamino. I'll shut up now before I end up dragging this home.

Comment

Et le châssis, est-ce qu'il est complètement mangé par la rouille ? Laissez-le retournez à la terre, et se reposer dans la paix. Shit.

Je ne vais pas demander s'il y a un titre !

-d

Comment

Working...
      X