Parting out 61 and 52 Caddy Superior Combo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parting out 61 and 52 Caddy Superior Combo's

Hey guys new to the board, but not new to Hearsing.
    Right now I'm starting a new project, My 62, 3 way combo. I have a 61, I'll be robbing of parts to make the 62 whole again. 62's just an enloader. Anyone looking for any parts off these? Or looking for a 61/62 project car. I'm in ohio, have a great Ebay rep, can give ya my ID there if ya need.
    There's gonna be lots of decent parts left, and it would kill me to scrap em.

The long/short on the build is. I'm keeping the 62, but most likely switching the front and the rear quarters off the 61. Just like the look of the 61 way more, and loving the look of suicide doors of the 62. All the panels are rebuildible, frames are great. 61's hood is shot, might not be a lot of glass left. Tons of chrome, rollers, piolet seats, pretty much you name it, I might have it.

Thanks
    Chris

I take it you're the one who ended up with the two coaches that were just on Ohio Craigslist? Welcome to the NHAA & please PM me with your info, I have a friend hunting some '61 parts.

Comment

The blue and black ones few weeks back? Then, yeah I got em.
      Gonna be a lot of work. I really have to go through em with a fine tooth comb for awhile, so as not to screw myself over with my build.
      So parts might not be flying outta here just yet. I wanna help out anyone I can, I just don't wanna cut my own throat in the process. Once I get into the real heavy duty work, I need to have all the room I can get, and sadly one will have to go.

Comment

Be prepared for one helluva headache!!!! I just put a 62 fender on my 61, and had to not only switch the headlight pod mounting plate, but now have to fill and drill mounting holes for the spear points next to the hood.....

So, what coach builders? Got some pictures to show off?

Comment

Originally posted by Boogeyman Con Carne View Post
          Be prepared for one helluva headache!!!! I just put a 62 fender on my 61, and had to not only switch the headlight pod mounting plate, but now have to fill and drill mounting holes for the spear points next to the hood.....

So, what coach builders? Got some pictures to show off?
          Superior was the builder on both. See if I can get ya some pics tomorrow. Got a little crazy today, and the 61's in pieces now.
          Sorry to hear of your troubles, but after going through it today, I'm already rethinking my whole swapping parts thing. So glad to hear of your headaches, I have enough already. Probably gonna keep it all 62 now.

Mostly because the 62 was a southern car, and is in much better shape.

Any idea how hard it is to come across leaf springs for these things?
          I'm thinkin I should rob the 61 of it's springs and shackles as well.
          I never seen leaf springs this beefy. An extra set floating round probably isn't a bad idea, with a 50 year old car. Might as well hold on to the rear axle as well

Comment

I'd be game to know what you will be getting rid of on the 61, as I will need a few odd pieces for my two.

Now I'll show you mine...
            Attached Files

Comment

Let me know what parts your looking for, and I'll get ya some pics of em. We'll figure out their condition and take it from there.
              My 61 looks just like that grey, red and white one, minus the 3 way back doors.
              Same badges and all.

Comment

The Superior is actually just an endloader with partition. I will admit the suicide doors are cool though... A short list of what I need:

Loading door window OR whole door depending on condition
                Windshield wiper transmission/armeture/arms
                stainless skeg trim
                fender skirts
                rear fin tail light pods
                rear bumper ends
                rear bumper tail light pods
                rear bumper

Frankly if you were closer I would just try to get the whole coach, but I will have a hell of a time affording to get HALF the parts I listed, much less shipping them >

Show me/us a few pics of the coaches as they are. I am more impressed with people working on them than the finished products...

Comment

I would be interested in the pilot or jump seats in the back, if either coach has them and you are not planning on using them? If available I would like both front and rear seats and the seat belts and all mounting hardware, Thank you....

Comment

lookin for a roller assembly fore the back. can you email me at russ85747@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elvirathehearse View Post
                      If available I would like both front and rear seats and the seat belts and all mounting hardware, Thank you....
                      Sending ya a PM

Comment

Working...
                      X