No announcement yet.

82 S&S for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$2.50 per mile? What the hell is under the hood of your hauler?

Comment

Originally posted by Shanen Haan View Post
      does the same " can deliver to within a couple of states if we pay for gas" apply to this car ?
      Let me back up, I think you misquoted me, what I said was
      Can deliver within a couple of states, but with the price of gas you won't like the cost. Sorry, but you have to blame the oil companies for that because my car hauler doesn't run on smiles and goodwill.
      Originally Posted by Boogeyman Con Carne
      $2.50 per mile? What the hell is under the hood of your hauler?

454 Chevy big block that gets 7-9 mpg with a Cherokee on it. Will be worse with a hearse. And I have to drive the same distance back, unpaid. So that works out to$1 to $1.25 a mile round trip. At 7 mpg, that is $.50 a mile to move my truck. Shipping companies charge from $1.60 to over $2 a mile for a hearse, if they will even take a hearse. Most contractors of the big companies will avoid a hearse because they take up more than one space, so you will be waiting until there are no other car to move. And God forbid they drop it at a hub yard for someone else to bring it the rest of the way. Don't want to sound like I don't want to help someone out, do you really expect me to drive 12 to 14 hrs for free just to sell a car for less than or just a little more than I can get hauling it 10 miles to the scrap yard?

As I said in my orignal post,
      you won't like the cost.

Comment

I wasn't criticizing your numbers man, I agree with your reasoning completely. I was mistakenly thinking of it as $2.50 per mile round-trip, not one-way. And you're right, you should consider your labor as well.

Comment

yea i know i didnt quote it exactly but you knew what i ment. any chance on the car being drivable the distance?
          for some reason my gf is pushing me to this one over the others

Comment

It may, but will need tires (local place- $25 each used) carb was having problems flooding out, and it hasn't been started in almost a year. I can check with my brother to see if there where anymore problems, he was the last one driving it. I would bring a support vehicle to follow you too.

Comment

Still got it, you know you want it......

Comment

i want it yes, even have the drivway space to get it off the street. trying to find a car hauler i can hitch a ride on tho >.<

Comment

Riff Raff do you still have? I am local (Ladson, SC).

Comment

Yup, still got this one and a 71 Superior combo for sale.

Comment

I been emailing you about that 71 too ;-)

Comment

I still w
                        ant the coach lamps...

Comment

I thought you bought a pair on e-bay?

Comment

Nope. I had a trade going that was based on another guy winning them. I don't think he won though.

Comment

Well, it is is still for sale and has to go within a week. Maybe able too hold it for a few days after that but not long. Asking $700 but cash talks, will be going to scrap next week.

Comment

NEw to the site but not to the hearse scene. Is this 82 still for sale? Saw something about a 71??? as well??? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X