FS: '58 Superior Pontiac Army ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: '58 Superior Pontiac Army ambulance

Here is the next one old man Carl has in NM. Same yard that closed in '79 that I'm currently at, today is the last day.

For a plain military unit, the body and roof moldings are sharp. There is no rot on this unit anywhere - couldn't even find a pinhole. Sediment is so soft that it whisks moisture away here in the desert when it does rain.

Superior's use of fiberglass is showing through on the tops of the rear quarters.

No partition nor provision that it ever had one.

I know it may look rough but the metal is actually very solid and straight. Above average example to restore.

Original olive drab is visible in door jams.

This Superior is $2k. Carl is a genuine guy. Included in his pricing are ANY missing parts that can be pulled from others in the yard. I checked out a couple other '58 Ponchos. This one can donate a lot to the high top:

Still will be a hood short (pictured is a '57). Between both of the parts '58s though most body trim can be has as well.

I do hope someone wants to rescue this as it is a good starting point at a quite reasonable price.

Found out today that this coach just sold to a dealer. Look for it in the near future for sale out of El Paso, probably listed on eBay, for a higher price~

Comment

Is that eldo there?

Comment

Remember that the '58 Eldo sold on eBay about 6 months ago - also out of El Paso? I thought we had that conversation. Anyway, same buyer this time around. He snagged several of Carl's decent remaining cars, including '58 Superior Pontiac, '58 Miller Meteor ambulance, and the '65 Miller Meteor endloader.

Sort of sucks knowing that I wasn't able to find homes for them and now the prices are going to be jacked around.

Comment

That 58 Pontiac was cool. I'll be looking for a 58 pontiac hightop ambulance in a few years for my next project. Some guy near Hysperia has one that i want...

Comment

Working...
          X