Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1974 Miller Meteor Landau Combination

Hello friends –
    I just have taken possession of a new project vehicle, so the Taxi is officially and immediately for sale.
    As much as I hate to part with him, it is going to be a space issue. Neener is not going to give up her half of the garage for another coach, so he has got to go.
    General specs can be found below. The design of this car as it sits is Copyrighted and the rights will need to be negotiated.
    Seriously interested parties can contact me to discuss whether you want the taxi, or just a big yellow obnoxious hearse.
    I don’t plan to get out of him what I have into him, but if you want a reliable, solid coach, make me a reasonable offer.
    Finders fee available to anybody on these boards that passes along a lead that turns into a sale.
    Pics can be found in my album here: http://www.nationalhearse.net/forums...hp?albumid=147
    Offered here on the NHAA first.
    Further pics and specs at your request. sonsini@mindspring.com

1974 Miller Meteor Landau Style Combination Coach
    472 V8
    Around 69,000 original miles
    Car runs strong, it has never let me down locally. Farthest I have ever taken it is maybe 2 hours out with no problems. Engine, electrical, steering, brakes are all good.
    I have all the paperwork on everything that has been done to this car since I have owned it, including a full tranny fluid flush & filter change around 68,000 miles.
    Car was prepped and painted in 2007. Prep was done by me and some buddies, and the paint was later shot on professionally. Most all of the trim was removed before painting, so for the most part, it looks pretty tight, but there are some areas where the some of the original paint was not completely stripped off and it shows if you are looking for it. My intention was never to build a 100 point show car, but it turned out to be a real nice 20/20 car. It is kept garaged all year long and only gets taken out for shows, around Halloween, and some Saturday nights when we go out for ice cream. It has never once been out in the rain since it was painted. A lot of hardware and trim clips replaced with new stuff when the trim was reinstalled. The checker strip decals came from a guy who restores vintage cabs. They were all applied and then the door handles were replaced over them, with all new gaskets, so it looks really tight.
    The a/c does not work and I have never tried to fix it, so I don’t know what is wrong. Anybody that tells you “a/c works, just needs to be charged” is full of it. I honestly don’t know what it needs to work, I have just always ridden with the windows down. I will say that the compressor appears to be spinning freely, and when you dial down the thermostat, it makes a clicking sound coming out from under the dash like a relay or something is trying to make contact, but won’t hold.
    The heater core and the blower motor for the rear compartment had to be removed for the back seat install. The blower fan for the rear a/c is still intact mounted behind the driver’s seat and it works. I think all that this fan is supposed to do is circulate cold air from the front compartment to the rear.
    Pictures of the rear seat install can be seen in this thread:

Any other quirks on this car would be considered minor: dash clock does not work, left turn signal needs a relay, all other electric and wiring are solid, fuse and switch panel in the overhead console are easy to access if you want to add some bells and whistles. Taxi roof light is wired to a switch in console with quick disconnect. Tires got many a mile left in them. I am fairly sure the curtains are original, and still in good shape considering. Many of the little decorative tassels are staring to drop off them.
    Located in Smyrna, Ga. 20 minutes NW of Atlanta

You couldn't have done this around tax return time? lol

Comment

What's the new project?

Comment

Comment

What's the new project?
          New thread coming soon....

Comment

Did 'ya like the subtle hint I gave in reply #4 Double D?

No return email from the FD mentioned yesterday yet.

Comment

Ha! Brilliant!
              All in good time...

Comment

pm sent

Comment

I believe the only car that could displace the taxi is a 1959......

Comment

So where is the new thread dammit.....

Comment

Originally posted by HearseHaunter View Post
                      So where is the new thread dammit.....
                      +1...I'm impatient....and curious as to what your gonna come out with!!!

Comment

SOLD
                        Soon to be bound for Germany. Achtung!

Comment

Alright then lets see the new project!

Comment

congrats man...that will really stand out in Germany....uh, so yea, what's the new project?

Comment

Exactly, what's the new project steve?

Comment

Working...
                              X