'55 Superior Coupe de Fleur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '55 Superior Coupe de Fleur

Belongs to my same multi-hearse owning buddy in NC. He's upgraded a few cars in the collection and is willing to let those recently replaced go as indoor space is at a premium. Offered here on the NHAA first before anywhere else on the net! I'll place interested parties directly in contact. Those considering haggling/lowballing offer don't get his info.

Major project that will take serious love. Few '54-'56 were made and even less remain - so worth the effort to save. I viewed this through the eyes of buying for myself. This is what I came up with:

-Both front fenders have lower rot. Hood is also damaged. Interchangeable front clip from a sedan would be cheaper than fixing what is here.

-Rockers need fabricated.

-Front floors need replaced.

-Broken back glass is same as Coupe de Ville, not Superior specific.

-Although stainless deck is not complete, the difficult to fabricate pieces with compound curves and cast pieces are all present. Flat pieces of stainless and supports/bracing may be copied from patterns taken from owner's other Superior flower car IF a return to stock is desired. I've included a picture of the other at the bottom, separated to avoid confusion.

Other than sheer rarity, another saving grace is having a scant 18k miles. That's it! Not 118k. It was barely used. No title, provided with Bill of Sale. $3900.

Must relay my internal struggle posting this. One of *maybe* two coaches remaining on my wish list! C-cab Superior flower cars are exceedingly rare. There was another in similar shape that sold out of CO many years ago with an asking price more than twice as high. If I didn't have a current project y'all would never have even known about this '55... Consider it a holiday gift.

Here is a shot of the owner's other C-cab for use as patterns for stainless:

Last edited by 60Crown; 10-05-2011, 12:05 PM.

WOW, is all I can say.

Comment

Headed here again Friday, Oct. 28 if someone needs it checked out closer.

Comment

Atti, I have always wanted a copy of the picture you used as your avatar, before the Crown photo as your avatar on the PCS when you used to be on their. The flower car with the motorcycle in the rear. Would it be possible to get a copy of the photo from you? That photo is a visual shish ka bob with that big sky, cool coach and the motorcycle. It arrests my soul and stirs me deeply gazing at it. Hands down one of my all time favorites. Thanks, sure would appreciate it. Might seem odd but another recent pick has stuck in my mind of the 64 Superior Royale with all the wheel covers stuffed into it, thats a neat one. Seriously, all of the junk yard pictures are sweet and deserve a calendar unto themselves. To wonky or what?

Comment

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

Did anyone buy this?

Comment

Not yet. What are you thinking..?

Comment

I'm thinking that's my kinda project! However Ive just undertaken the restoration of a 58 M+M, and have not yet sold my 76 M+M to pay for said restoration. Therefore, I don't have the money to save this beautiful car... i guess I was just wondering what happened to it and if someone was fixing it up.

Comment

Gotcha. Been waiting for restoration captures of your '58.

Back to '55 Superior, a factory tinted back glass is now included @ same price.

Comment

Heres a link to a forum with some pics:

Comment

where is that located

Comment

The '55? Raleigh/Durham, NC area.

Comment

Significant price drop. Owner wants to move it and has relayed $2500. It'll be on racingjunk soon, same price.

Comment

Someone in Dead Ends please buy this so I can ogle it!

Comment

Working...
                              X