'64 S&S Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 S&S Victoria

Belongs to my same multi-hearse owning buddy in NC. He's upgraded a few cars in the collection and is willing to let those recently replaced go as indoor space is at a premium. Offered here on the NHAA first before anywhere else on the net! I'll place interested parties directly in contact. Those considering haggling/lowballing offer don't get his info.

This '64 I have not seen yet in person and plan on doing so within the next couple of weeks. As such, pics/description are borrowed for the time being.

Completely rot-free endloader. Although still all original, the previous owner started prepping lower body for paint as he wanted a black hearse. It runs and has a strong engine. Consider it a 'lot driver' as brakes are low. Besides paint and brakes, front carpet is needed. (I'm told it has snowflake interior too! Bizarre given rarity and that I've only ever seen used on '63-'64 Superior...) $3900 w/ clear title.

Forgot to mention that this S&S was going to NHAA member Zombina until she made a life-altering decision that will take her away for awhile... Took over a year to find her a solid '63-'64 S&S reasonably priced too.

Comment

I have not decided for sure yet my dear!!! And a ltho I would cream the jeans if I bought this, I do not have the extra scratch for it... Woe is me

Comment

I'm in love.

Comment

Finally making my way to see this on Fri. Oct. 28 and look forward to reporting back with a better description/pictures. Interest has been has been good so hopefully I can find this a better home.

Aaaannnnnnnnd Zombina may be back in the mix after all.

Comment

Hello, very interested in this coach. Looking forward to the new pics/info. If you could get me in contact with the seller, that would be great also. Thanks!

Comment

While conditions weren't ideal (time constraints, raining, cold, & tied down tarp) to go over with a fine tooth comb, here's my impression~

Largely as mentioned previously with a couple tweaks, through no fault of current owner (and seller). Original color is dark green and was repainted white, probably decades ago (doubtful by S&S). 44k miles believed original, as strong and tight as engine runs.

Vinyl top is in very good condition - no visible wear, dry rot, or tears. Passenger side seam is missing some thread over a foot stretch middle rear area, otherwise I would say excellent shape.

It does have snowflake interior. The traditional S&S cast cycus leaves have been replaced with a different panel. Looks decent enough. Rear interior should prove usable with a quality cleaning.

Trim removed from exterior for paint prep is all present laying in rear compartment.

Underside, frame, sills, and floors, are all clean - with exception of small hole next to gas pedal. Passenger side sill has a dent.

Did find a few areas of rust. Small patches required to keep putty out before paint include lower front corner of passenger front door and (typical) low portion of front fenders. Close ups:

Also found that the windshield has a slight leak around top edge. Although the vinyl top is very nice and I wouldn't personally replace it, if one chose to I would expect the culprit being some rust hiding under the leading edge.

Moreover, this is a solid strong running pre-'65 coach available for less than it would sell for on eBay. Paladin you have a PM.

Comment

Deal has been reached.

Comment

Although paladin publicly claimed this '64, no money has traded hands, no deposit given, and the time has passed when he was supposed to retrieve it without any contact nor notice of plan changes.

In short, it is still available.

Comment

Spoke with owner today and mentioned that nobody recently inquired about the '64 S&S. He's dropped the price $500 to $3400 now.

Comment

Ugh I am very interested but I just don't have the room and surplus money for it!!! If he lowers price agian I may HAVE TO buy. I would love to see some pics of the engine bay.

Comment

Sold!

Comment

Working...
                        X