78 M+M Parts Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 M+M Parts Car

This is the 78 that used to belong to Dixie, It does run but the transmission is probably shot. The table has been cut out by a previous owner. All body panels and glass are good with the exception of the quarters where they blend with the back, and the back door itself.

I'm asking a firm $800.00

the car does have new tires, radiator, thermostat, exaust gaskets, spark plugs, and water pump

Here are some pics

Last edited by Chace; 11-19-2011, 07:18 PM.

Forgot to add that all the rollers and stuff are in a box in the back

Comment

why does it have to be 8 hours away

Comment

that's not that far to go get a car.

Comment

What makes this a parts car and not a driver? I see some rust on the rear door, but I have seen a lot worse. If only the transmission has issues, should be worth saving.

Comment

totaly worth saving. just a bit far for me with it not being drivable, and tow trucks here want 1000-1500 to tow it for me.

Comment

Do you have a title for the car?

Comment

(Sounding like a broken record until e v e r y o n e saves this info.)

Call Martin Rousseau for open transport. Licensed, bonded, insured...and it won't cost more than .75/mile - even for inop oversize procars. 720.280.1010

Comment

Originally posted by EternalCombustion View Post
                  Do you have a title for the car?
                  No Georgia will not title a car after it reaches a certain age (25 years old I think) From what I understand you CAN obtain a title after purchasing the car in your own state but I have no idea what the process or cost is, I'm SURE it varies by state.

And to answer the question of what makes it a parts car...I guess just my own lack of interest. Fix the Tranny and brakes and its perfectly drivable as is....

Also Atti and I may occasionally disagree on stuff here on the site, but he is SPOT ON with this info.

"Call Martin Rousseau for open transport. Licensed, bonded, insured...and it won't cost more than .75/mile - even for inop oversize procars. 720.280.1010"

I know probably 20 people that have used this service over the years for everything from basket case projects, to replica Ectos, to the stereotypical 57 Chevy, to screen used Kitts from Knight Rider...never one complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                    Call Martin Rousseau for open transport. Licensed, bonded, insured...and it won't cost more than .75/mile - even for inop oversize procars. 720.280.1010
                    Just tell him if it is on a 4x4 Suburban frame with oversize tires. Although he isnt moving it himself, Im told he was very helpful in trying to find someone who could.

Comment

Originally posted by Jus" Roach View Post
                      Although he isnt moving it himself, Im told he was very helpful in trying to find someone who could.
                      Suburban aside, there's an improper insinuation implied that Martin doesn't drive himself, whether intentional or not. Martin personally delivered my '58 from CO after I found him on uship. I've directed 6-7 transports to him since, each delivered by Martin, and an additional transport delivered by a company employee. Small business; timely; great attention to detail; great service; great prices. Had I not been thrilled with the way Martin treated me (and the '58) - wouldn't repeatedly bring this option up.

Comment

Would you possibly consider $500? I am looking for a hearse for the BABE rally and the car has to be $500 or less to qualify. If so I just need to check with my BMV on what it would take to get a title. Please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, no

Comment

So give him $600 and put $500 on the paperwork.

Comment

Or give the $600 and sell the interior parts that are in a box for $100 and then you paid $500 for the hearse..

Comment

Working...
                              X