'70 Superior Landaulet Royale endloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '70 Superior Landaulet Royale endloader

Same NC friend in NC recently took this on trade.

Pros:

-Straight. One area of rust isolated to bottom of driver front fender (typical).
    -All glass good.
    -Recent remanufactured engine(!).
    -Popular color combination - black exterior w/ black & silver interior.
    -49k original miles on chassis.

Cons:

-Acquired w/o gas tank. A good one will be provided from a parts coach, although not necessarily installed.
    -Hasn't been started yet.
    -No title.

Rather than set a price, or a range, he simply said "An offer very close to 2k." What he implied was that he's a little flexible if depending on if he will be the one to get it running, install tank, etc. I'll put interested parties in direct contact. Will be provided with Bill of Sale.

No vinyl top - not frequently seen in this year range, correct?

Even the rear bumper that rots out easily is pretty good. Feeling the entire lower lip revealed scaling for a few inches on the reverse side to the left of the center section. Little rust preventative would stop deterioration.

Bonus Halloween decorations in the rear compartment.

Perfect home would include a beginner coach for someone looking for a 'classic' style. Spray the hood and use as is, making small improvements as time/money allow. If I didn't think there was value here, it wouldn't be posted. Depending on who manufactured engine, it may have cost more than asking price for whole coach.

Your slipping Atti, It's a 69... same car i have. Looks to be missing the rear door emblem and roof trim . Unless those were just options on the crown- royal. I'm not sure.

Comment

Crown would be different, correct. This one is not a Crown.

'69/'70 are so close...Only way I know to tell difference is Cadillac crests on leading edge of front fenders above headlights ('69). This coach did not have them, plus I was told '70. Any other distinguishing characteristics between the two years? Thanks for the input.

Comment

The 69 tail lenses are only on the top half of the rear bumper ends like the one pictured. The 70 tail lenses are on the top and bottom. More like the standard tail lights on most cadys. also the front blinker lenses on the 70 has the stripes in the lens going left and right as opposed to up and down with a chrome strip in them. I suck at posting pics or i would trow one up . Good looking car tho....
        Last edited by mr x; 10-29-2011, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Cool cool. Thank you again Jeff. I'll try to remember this for future reference.

Comment

Wow that's beautiful. Is it still for sale?

Comment

Yes - PM or email a contact number and I'll have owner call you. He isn't that computer savvy.

Comment

Another simple way to tell between 69-70 is that, That grill... is 69 specific. 1970 grills did not have those smaller ridges running through and were more solidly/smoothly blocked.

Comment

Working...
                X