No announcement yet.

62 Pontiac Flower Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as a 'new to coaches' car guy I really appreciate beaing able to eavesdrop on conversations like this. I'm learning alot! And the flower car you posted, Atti, looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
      How cool is this... Pyro, YOU found a prototype! This is the first ever flower car (their prototype) built by Armbruster & Company in 1962.

Over on Coachbuilt.com they talk about this particular car at length... and describe it perfectly from memories of long ago:

Still a very awesome car and it's whereabouts shared, too bad it's so crusty from the doors back... eesshhh

Im a legend in my own mind. Do these guys know just who in the hell I think I am?

Comment

Russ you just reminded me of this awesome interview from '98 or so.

http://youtu.be/R-0Z9OAa2W8

Comment

The 59-60 Cad is definitely a good place to start. One of the ones I find agreeable is the one-off 59 S&S Park Place Caddy flower car with the retractable full soft landau top. A design like that makes more sense to me. But you know good design, Atti, and you know what I am talking about. Some of the flower cars of the 70's and 80's look like they were designed in MS Paint, not Photoshop.

Comment

I've seen some decent looking flower cars over the years, it's really a question of taste I suppose. The B-pillar is the huge part that they get wrong.

Comment

Actually, the one in question here, cleaned up, is one of the better looking ones I've seen, but in my opinion still doesn't escape the "purpose-built" tractor beam:

Comment

Working...
              X