Windshield question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield question

Wound the windshield from a '73 Sedan DeVille work in My '75 Fleetwood Limo?

I don't see a location, but I'm guessing no where near Me. There was a 76 limo at Pull a Part yesterday had a all good glass I think, and looks just like Yours. Went under water, but a really nice body.

Comment

Found a like new one, but it's in a '72 SDV, Would that work in My '75?

Comment

No unfortunately it wont. The limo, like the hearse and ambulance have commercial chassis specific glass. It will have to be for a hearse. I may be mistaken, other users may be able to correct me but i believe the windshield from a 71-76 hearse, ambulance, or limo will do. They tend to be a tad pricey. Good luck

Comment

I may be wrong, but I thought a factory limo like His and the One at PaP used a regular glass and a commercial chassis used the CC Hearse/ambulance/ and limo specific. I thought I saw where People bought limo glass and did not fit the hearse.

Comment

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
            I may be wrong, but I thought a factory limo like His and the One at PaP used a regular glass and a commercial chassis used the CC Hearse/ambulance/ and limo specific. I thought I saw where People bought limo glass and did not fit the hearse.
            Oh im sorry you very well could be right. I thought it was a commercial chassis limo. In that case a 72 SDV should work. 71-76 i think. I apologize.

Comment

Yes, Mine is a factory limo, and ty for the info!

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem here for my 76 Cadillac hearse.
                My front windshield is broken and I can't find one for now. ( Notice that I am in France... :/ )
                There is some others Cadillac for parts but I was wondering if the windshield will fit my herase ? I can have one from a 73 De Ville.

regards,
                XAvier.

Comment

Originally posted by Xavier View Post
                  Hi,

I have the same problem here for my 76 Cadillac hearse.
                  My front windshield is broken and I can't find one for now. ( Notice that I am in France... :/ )
                  There is some others Cadillac for parts but I was wondering if the windshield will fit my herase ? I can have one from a 73 De Ville.

regards,
                  XAvier.
                  You have a commercial windshield. A Cadillac Deville will not work. The only company that I know of that sales commercial windshields is Pilkington. I don't know how hard it will be for you to get one to France. They are around $800, just for the windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
                    You have a commercial windshield. A Cadillac Deville will not work. The only company that I know of that sales commercial windshields is Pilkington. I don't know how hard it will be for you to get one to France. They are around $800, just for the windshield.
                    tanks. I wil contact them.
                    if it's too expensive I may go to a windshield repair company here maybe they car ask Pilkington.
                    800$ is high but hum.. i will not drive without it !

Comment

Pursuant to the topic of windshields, i copied down the glass information from Kevin and Christine's hearses yesterday. Maybe Atti or someone else can help decode. Kevin and Christine have 92 Cadillac full-size commercial glass coaches.

Kevin's Windshield:

AS-1 - (glass use code) - Indicates position in vehicle where glass may be used, based on optical quality. AS-1 is
                      clearest glass, laminated, and usually used for windshields.

DOT 177 (manufacturer code) - L-N SAFETY GLASS S.A.DE C.V. OF MEXACALI
                      M52 A (unknown)
                      00 3 4 LN5GL DW881 (part number?)

Christine's Windshield:

AS-1-90 (glass use code)
                      GG-M55 (unknown)
                      DOT 22 (manufacturer code)- GUARDIAN INDUSTRIES CORP
                      6624-NZ (unknown)

Comment

the dw 881 is your partnumber. I don't know if that is the right part for the car but that is the windshield part number.

We should start a thread that lists all the cc windshield part numberes for easy refrence.

Comment

screw it , i will start one

Last edited by mr x; 05-28-2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

apparently DW means "domestic windshield"

Comment

Working...
                            X