AAA will not tow a hearse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAA will not tow a hearse?

Not sure what topic to post this under. Called AAA for a tow today when my starter went out and the response i got is they do one cover a hearse because they consider it a "Taxi". I have AAA Premier which is the highest level that covers four wheeled vehicles. Is a hearse an RV? Do i need AAA RV Plus? I have antique plates and its registered as a privately owned vehicle and not currently being used for a business or for hauling more than one passenger who happens to be alive not dead.

haul-u@hotmail.com

Next time tell them it's a station wagon, lol. That's what we do. That's what mine is registered as also, it makes everything cheaper. (registration, insurance, etc...)

Comment

They've hauled my dead ass off the turnpike several times.....
      One guy requested a photo of the hearse on his truck, we sent him a framed 8X10
      the last guy had his own camera and took a shitload of pictures to prove to everyone in the office it WAS a Lincoln hearse!
      Never had a problem with the AAA Gold Card.

Comment

I used AAA to tow my Buick last week due to a bad water pump. They would only cover the first three miles rather than five because the car was in Maryland. I also couldn't used the towing company I wanted, again because I was in MD although the truck I wanted to use is about a mile from the car's destination. The truck they sent was also over two hours late because of an oversight on the part of the AAA operator. Now the mechanic hasn't had a chance to look at her yet although I had an appointment scheduled for this past Monday, but that's another gripe.

Comment

You all need one of these;

It would fit a longer car if you don't mind part of it overhanging over the back bumper. Or if you got one w/out that tool chest on top.

Comment

my first hearse 034.jpg I have AAA plus and it is good for up to 100 miles. Just have to make sure there is a truck that has a 19ft bed or larger! I am happy I was told this by my buddy before I took it home. Had to call at 3am. $6 extra a mo is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it. <3

Comment

I have the top level AAA, and they have towed it every time. But there have been some close calls where they said they wouldn't tow because its a hearse. I usually do the station wagon thing and its fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sgath92 View Post
                You all need one of these;

It would fit a longer car if you don't mind part of it overhanging over the back bumper. Or if you got one w/out that tool chest on top.
                Just sold mine, it was an 84 crew cab with a 18ft wedgeback deck, 454 granny 4sp.

Comment

He just sold that one as well actually. Since he bent a rod moving some stuff with the truck for me, I felt bad & bought him another 454 to put in it about a year ago but he never put it in so its just been sitting in the garage. No idea what to do with it.

Oh, since I last posted in this thread I did have aaa tow my car once and didn't have any problems. But my car is a station wagon conversion with a station wagon vin. Don't know if it would have been harder to convince them to a free tow if my car had been an older commercial chassis car instead.

Comment

When we found our hearse we were 60 miles north of Minneapolis, MN and we told AAA that our car had broke down at our relatives farm. My wife told AAA that it was her daily driver and that the fuel pump broke. After lots of laughing and from what I heard of lordy, lordy, lordies they dispatched a 25 foot flatbed to take us and our new to us pearl home. Needless to say we received plenty of looks as the flatbed backed up and deposited it in our driveway at 11:30 at night.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here in Wilson NC, the AAA NC wouldn't even send anyone to give my car a jump start. They won't do anything at all, if they know it's a hearse. I honestly wish there was another Auto service available that would give you roadside assisitance or towing, if you happen to have a hearse. If I ever buy another hearse, it'd be nice if there was someone willing to help out the owner of a hobby hearse.

Comment

that's what hearse clubs are for.

Comment

The only time my girl ever needed a tow was the day I pulled her out of the field. After the work was done, she has never let me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby View Post
                            The only time my girl ever needed a tow was the day I pulled her out of the field. After the work was done, she has never let me down.
                            Lucky you.

Comment

I wish it was luck, the only original mechanical component is the rearend. Everything else is new. I dumped $4,000 on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X