72 Cadillac M&M Fender Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 Cadillac M&M Fender Removal

I'm in the process of trying to take my fenders off so I can strip the paint and repair the rust spots but for the love of god I can not find all the bolts holding the fenders on. If anyone has the know how I would greatly appreciate any help

BTW this is my first time trying to restore a vehicle so its a learn as you go thing for me so I might end up asking loads of question lol

Did you remove the plastic shroud under the fenders? I know there are a couple of bolts under it. You don't have to completely remove it, but check under it a couple inches. I think there is only one bolt under each side, but there might be more.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Abnorml,

The bolts under the fender shroud were the first ones I'd taken out, The fender is loose but it feels like there's a bolt somewhere in the front thats holding it on but I just cant find the dang thing

Comment

On some of those late 60-early 70's Caddys...the core support needed to come loose to drop the fenders...tongue on the front inside of fender would be tucked under the support channel. 1 big bolt and washer in center of core support, loosen it a little and see if your fender comes out then. Don't forget the 2 bolts below the corner of the windshield...only visible when you open your front doors.

Comment

Thank you Apostle the corner ones were the ones i was missing BUT while taking off the driver side fender I found a dang SNAKE!!! so now I'm gonna have to burn the hearse to the ground

Comment

Don't burn her!!!...A snake in a hearse means good luck...If you DON'T find a snake, THAT'S when you should worry.

Comment

Good luck or not I HATE SNAKES and can't find the dang thing. As for burning her down I like her too much to do that. Thank god I have friends that are crazy enough to get in there to find it cus as long as that thing is in there I WILL NOT work on it lmao

Comment

Working...
              X