Stereo wiring in a `96 Fleetwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo wiring in a `96 Fleetwood

I have the Delco cassette deck in my 1996 Fleetwood, it is an all in one unit unlike the previous years. I don't believe it has an external amplifier, but the wiring harness I ordered does not match at all. The original head unit has wiring coming out of the bottom into two ten pin plugs. The wire colors don't match the new wiring harness or the diagram from the new head unit. Has anyone else run into this or know the wire color code so I can hard wire it?

Crutchfield has the harness that you will need. And you will have to splice one wire into it "For your power antenna,blue and white if I remember". They have a very good support dept for ANY questions you will or might have. http://www.crutchfield.com/g_103000/...?tp=2977&avf=N Hope this helps...I've used them many times with great success.

Comment

Using their vehicle filter comes up with no compatable products, and looking at their stock photos I don't see any that look like a match. The only one I can find listed as a match anywhere is the one I already have which is a Metra 70-1856.

Comment

I had to contact them on mine (I've done 2 94's and a 96 so I know they carry the parts you need)...they carry a lot of obscure parts that they do not list on site. Good luck!

Comment

I'll get in touch with them, thanks. I found the speaker wires, but I don't know what the other ten are. I also was checking to see if the new head unit fits and it is slightly deeper than the factory, so I'll have to make some modifications as well. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X