fuel pump went out on 1970 S&S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump went out on 1970 S&S

just bought me a 1970 S&S Victoria and the fuel pump went out any one know what model the commercial chassis where based off so i can get the part?

Part No. 40966 at Advance Auto. Standard mechanical pump used for a number of years and applications. You'll want to replace or add an inline filter to keep this one from wearing out prematurely and it wouldn't be a bad idea to check /clean/replace the filter in your carb inlet as well. A little preventative work goes a long way. Good luck!
    Last edited by Apostle; 04-07-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

thank you very much car runs like a beast

Comment

i just had the diaphragm in the pump on the 78 go bad it it pumped gas into the oil. fun times. damn ethanol don't help it

Comment

Well...at least your crank and rods are pretty and clean now.

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle View Post
            Well...at least your crank and rods are pretty and clean now.
            Thats what I was saying.
            You know what's scary this car has been sitting a few years aside from moving around the yard now and then.
            I had just started it was under the hood looking around saying damn its running good then a ping started and white smoke out the pipe. still running good aside from the rocker ping by the time i made it to the switch oil psi about 3 killed it pulled the dipstick and it was almost to the top wet took 10 quarts of oil gas mix out. all this in like 3 mins from motor start to stop.
            So if this happens as your rolling down the highway at 70 if the damn thing just don't blow up i see a fried motor in no time.
            Thinking might start changing over to electric fuel pumps on the fleet.

Comment

Now the car stalls or sputters going up hills I'm thinking I need to change the carburetor jets since I live in Denver

Comment

Working...
              X