1992 Cadillac Brougham Hearse needs windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Cadillac Brougham Hearse needs windshield

I need a replacement windshield and I only found one for $1000! Is there anyway around it? Is there a way to modify the car so a smaller windshield would fit?

Sure a different size windshield can be Mickey Moused to fit. Are you okay with a wet interior each time it rains..?

First things first: More pertinent info. There seems to be a never ending string of newbs asking for answers while not providing enough facts for them. At the very least fill in your coach builder, if it has commercial glass, and your location. Then if you're feeling really froggy a picture of your coach and numbers off the windshield.

Comment

Honestly at this point no I wouldn't mind it getting a little wet when it rains. Just looking to be able to drive it right now without spending that much. I called everywhere you could possibly think of. The only place I did find it was through a Coach Dealer. The part number is DW881.

Comment

image.jpg

Comment

'Bout the same time I found this angle as well. Don't know what part of the country you're in so can't relay any parts coaches that may be within reach. Going to guess Rochester area? If so, there's a hearse club around that you can inquire with. One of their members may know of a derelict coach sitting.

That commercial glass windshield was utilized from '77-'92 I believe, widening your search parameters. Used windshields do turn up in the $400-500 range.

Is it illegal to drive with a cracked windshield in your state or do you need the windshield in order to have inspected/licensed?

Comment

Yes I am in Rochester ny. I did contact my local club. They gave a few suggestions that ended up not working out. I need to get it replaced to get it inspected.

Comment

how long have you had the coach? is this the first time you've had to go through an inspection with it?

Also, being someone who's dealt with leaks, you'll get tired of driving a leaky coach *really* fast. It will also contribute to rust and interior problems unless you keep it in a garage.

you could chop the top to use standard glass, but that would easily cost way more than replacing a windshield.

Comment

I've had it for about 2 years. I've had it inspected once before. The glass broke soon before the inspection was due. I could deal with leaks for a while. Right now it's my only means of transportation that's why I'm desperately trying to figure something out.

Comment

Working...
                X