84 superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 superior

84 superior 6.0 carbed motor. I noticed the stop engine light on and the car had been siting for a least a day since I ran it. The light wasn't to full brightness. I wound up disconnecting the battery for a few days and reconnected it. The light was off. I started the car up and the light eventually came on full brightness. I shut the car off and noticed it went back to being less bright and then was dim but never went out. I disconnected the sensor at the pump. It made no difference, so I then pulled the fuse and it went out. Now I hadn't had time to drive it or dig into it more, so fearful that maybe the stat is bad I have one just hadn't changed it yet. I did a few months ago replace all belts and a broken bolt. I have 50/50 zerex for coolant. This light has never came on before. I've tried looking up any info on this and the odd part to me is that it was sitting cold for a few days when I noticed the light was about mid brightness on. any info would help before I start replacing stuff for nothing.

Do you know how to pull trouble codes from the ECC system? That's where i'd start.

Comment

Have you checked the oil?I thought it would come on if your oil pressure gets dangerously low

Comment

Oil is fine, running mobile one synthetic. Still haven't had time to mess with it. Might get a chance this Friday.

as far as codes, I haven't found anything on codes in this one. 84 was the last year for the 368 and the only thing electronic is the primitive computer for the distributor that on the inner fender well. There is no diagnostic port.
        Last edited by LorcinLS1; 11-27-2013, 03:40 AM.

Comment

do you not have the electronic climate control? that's where it will tell you the codes.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
            do you not have the electronic climate control? that's where it will tell you the codes.

My 86 has it, but the 84 does not have it. I don't think it came in commercial chassis until 85.

Comment

Working...
            X