Would it be wrong to.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LMS View Post
    That's just a flat black wagon with red wheels, doesn't say rat rod to me.
    That's what I meant by conservatively. Take things that rat rods are known for, but only use the same aesthetic influences in moderation and then it seems to look ok.

Comment

That wagon would look great with different wheels. I don't really like red wheels on much other than specific cars.

Comment

I think the gnx clip can be done to a coach.

Comment

As for that other wagon Gloss black rims would look best I think. As for the preconceived GNX hearse flat black with shaved door handles, and some old school Buick port holes in the fenders would set it off nicely.

Comment

UMMMM I think I may have to retract my previous statement I believe that is a Nova with a GNX front clip SO still the A chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidd View Post
              I think the gnx clip can be done to a coach.

That's the smaller of the two RWD station wagons GM had in the 80s. Same width as the El Camino.

The B-body wagons are bigger in every respect, since when the chassis was designed in the 70s the executives literally went to the designers and said "design your next chassis around a load of 4x8 plywood stacked horizontally." They had to widen everything so that the plywood could lay flat inbetween the humps for the rear wheels. But then so the back of the car didn't look out of proportion they had to ramp up the rest of the car to match.

AFAIK all the 80s GM hearses that aren't Cadillacs were B-body converstions [anyone chime in & correct me if I am wrong]. So to put a GN hood, nose & bumper on you'd have to do some major fabrication work to stretch it all to be wide enough.

Edit: Even then, $5 says the fenders aren't close to being the same so you'd have to do more than simply make the nose, grill, hood, and bumpers wider. Might at that point be easier to try to modify the original buick front to resemble the GN instead of trying to get GN parts to fit up.
              Last edited by sgath92; 01-25-2014, 07:45 PM. Reason: more details

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
                That wagon would look great with different wheels. I don't really like red wheels on much other than specific cars.
                You mean like this?

Comment

Originally posted by sgath92 View Post
                  You mean like this?

SCHWING!

I do love a slammed wagon.

Comment

Hell yes exactly like that verry nice.

Comment

Sliding rag might be cool if it was the same material that was on the top of the rest of the car.

The real trick to customizing is to make it look like it was supposed to be that way all along.

Comment

Working...
                      X