Interior door handles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior door handles?

Okay, so this may be a dumb question, but I want to remove the table from my hearse and turn the main compartment into a sort of a sleeper/camper style vehicle with a mattress and built-ins. This isn't the issue. My problem is that I have no door handles on the rear doors, nor on the end loader hatch. Essentially sleeping in it would mean locking myself inside. I was curious how I could go about adding handles to the inside, and whether or not it would be simply adding a handle, or completely changing the locking mechanism inside the door panels. I have no clue about how to do this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

try pushing down on the lock button on the rear loading door.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
      try pushing down on the lock button on the rear loading door.
      I actually don't have one. The only lock on the rear loading door is on the outside, the one that takes the key. I'll take some pictures in a bit of the interior, but it's pretty much a blank door panel with a curtain.

Comment

The door lath should be the same. Guessing on this, but it would cost too much to have special latches made. Take the door panel off, and see if the latch has the arms for the rods. You may even have pre-drilled holes, just no hardware.

Comment

First things first: What is the coach?

Comment

Working...
          X