Paint Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Codes

Luciferica is trying to find out where the paint code might be. She needs it to find the right touch up paint. I don't think she has a body tag, or at least I haven't found it. Anyone know where to find it? I'm gonna see if I can contact Shields to see if they might have it on record.

what year is it?
    look on the glove box door.
    the code will be: uxx or xxu
    example: u56 or 56u

Comment

It's a 1988 Caddy S&S...I found out the hard way that light blue touch up paint from the autoparts store is a BAD idea...my car was 2 diffrent colours...a container of nailpolish remover and some booze later she's back to being just one colour ...but still has those pesky scratches..My nail polish is a good quick-fix, but I'd like to find something a little more...official ....soon...It dosen't seem to be in the glove box...it's like a bad guessing game...O_o

Comment

If it's not in any of these locations you might have to go to a place that sells automotive paint and have them color match it for you. Some of the better places have a piece of equipment that can scan your existing paint and give them the mix quantities. It seems alot of pro-cars don't have build sheets like a standard car does. Have you tried contacting Accubuilt? They own S&S and may be able to give you the paint code they use.

I guess worse case scenario you can always just drive up to Kansas and we can spray a custom paint job on her for ya

Comment

My S+S is a little older (81) but my paint color and code is on a metal S+S sticker on top of the driver's side fender (under the hood)

and also on a blue S+S sticker in the driver's side door jam.

Comment

No dice kiddies...guess the folks at a paint shop will eventually have to take my guessing game over...

Comment

I went to a paint shop and they said because of so many parts in paint now a days, they could do bottles of touch up paint. I then went to a Cadillac dealership and they said they couldn't look it up with out the paint code.

Comment

the light blue walmart/autozone touch up paint matches my car pretty damn well.

Comment

Have you tried contacting Accubuilt yet? They may still have the info on that coach in records and could give you the paint info from when S&S made it.

Comment

Working...
                  X