@#!$%&!**!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @#!$%&!**!!

I was driving the 59 down rosebud road earlier and I lost a freeze plug. The fucker just desentegrated. Has anyone used those rubber freeze plug things? Will it work long enough to get me through the summer and fall carshow season? I plan on rebuilding the motor during the winter, I just need a reliable band-aid.

I have, I've have had them last a couple years but I don't recommend them for that long.

Comment

I'd say it's good for a temp fix. Ironically, that is one of the things that ultimately just failed on my engine, it wasn't pretty.

Interesting signature, out of curiousity what is it in reference to?

Comment

Rubber is fine for an emergency fix, but fix it right later with BRASS!

By the way, they deteriorate because you are not changing you coolant/antifreeze every year like you are supposed to.

Comment

They deteriorated from sitting in a car museum and not running for 23 years. But I got the rubber one in and it worked. I have only had this car for a month.

I need to get some good pics of her.

Oh , and the signature is from the movie Snatch. I collect desert eagle handguns.

Comment

The movie Snatch kicks ass! You should also watch Lock stock and two smoking barrels, another great film by the same director. They are both about the british crime underworld and funny as hell.

Comment

The Autozone in Monroe stopped carrying brass/steel freeze plugs and now only stocks the rubber ones. The manager there said all autozones are doing the same.......bastards.

Comment

It's a conspiracy!

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
                  They deteriorated from sitting in a car museum and not running for 23 years. But I got the rubber one in and it worked. I have only had this car for a month.

I need to get some good pics of her.

Oh , and the signature is from the movie Snatch. I collect desert eagle handguns.
                  I thought it sounded REALLY familiar, just couldn't place it.

Funny story on a similar note.

One time I was walking back to my car with my girlfriend and this SUV full of gangstas drives by and starts screaming at us, yelling "freaks" that sort of bullshit. Well, they didn't realize that I was on my way to my car, which is usually loaded with a fair amount of nasty, facial reconfiguring weapons. So I jumped into the car and went after them.

At the next light I caught up with them, hit the horn and nearly did a sideways skid into their shitty ass SUV to let them know I meant business. "Was there something you wanted to say before you drove off fuckers?" I asked them.

Well of course, once you front to the kind of bitch who drives around yelling shit but takes off so they don't have to deal with the aftermath they are ALL APOLOGIES and started making excuses about how they didn't say anything. So I pressed them on it, not letting them bitch out of it until one guy in the front seat decides he's hard enough and he's going to pull a gun.

Oh no! A GUN! The gangsta's have my ass now! Except for the fact that most real guns don't have a giant SEAM along the middle of them where they manufactures pressed the two halves together. Yep, it was plastic. Not only was it plastic, it wasn't even a gun that I would have taken seriously in real life, it was an old west, six shooter style chrome cap gun, as illustrated nya -

"So I take it you intend to bust a cap in my ass...literally, eh Lone Ranger?" I asked the dipshit in the front seat, at which point he mumbled something and they took off again. I figured letting them own themselves that thoroughly was good enough for me.

Comment

on an interesting side note, last time i stopped by one of those autoparts retailers, they couldn't even find the correct serpentine belt for my truck. meh.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                      on an interesting side note, last time i stopped by one of those autoparts retailers, they couldn't even find the correct serpentine belt for my truck. meh.
                      hell they told me my truck does not have a brake light switch ....

so i pulled it and said just what the hell is this

"well our computer don't show it"

Comment

Working...
                      X