Road trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip

Well come august of this year i'm making my long trek back out to burning man. I decided i really want to take my hearse this year. So i'm going to do it. She is a 1970 miller meteor. My main concern is that she will(probably will) break down. Its 2,300 miles round trip. So i want to put together an "emergency" kit. I will of course have the spare tire and that other stuff, but what are a few extra parts you would put in your "emergency" kit.

Coolant, fan belts, gas filter, hose clamps, and don't forget the duct tape! I'm sure here are other things too that others will mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Stretch View Post
      Coolant, fan belts, gas filter, hose clamps, and don't forget the duct tape! I'm sure here are other things too that others will mention.
      oil, gasket sealer, basic socket set, small fire extinguisher?

Comment

On long trips I go mad with it,mechanical fuel pump, water pump, extra carb. in addition to everything already mentioned. That may seem extreme but that's what I did a few years ago when I drove my 74 to Ohio and back. (of course because I was prepared I had no problems)

Comment

hmm

the yellow pages and a check book?

Comment

On road trips (in any vehicle) I carry a tool bag with a basic set of hand tools, a tire plug kit, a mini compressor, a few quarts of oil and tranny fluid, and some coolant. When I change a belt on a car I usually keep the old one around and carry it on road trips also just incase I break the new one.

I keep a set of tools in my hearse permanently. I also keep some extra odds and ends with it such as spark plug wires, control module, and stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
            X