Help -- need to replace casket floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help -- need to replace casket floor

I have a 1994 Cadillac S&S hearse that the previous owner cut out a portion of the casket floor. I am now wanting to repair/replace the moron's work, but have no clue as to how this can be accomplished.

Does anyone know how to replace the floor? Is there any way of doing it without gutting it with a saw?

Thanks

Originally posted by Raven1969 View Post
    I have a 1994 Cadillac S&S hearse that the previous owner cut out a portion of the casket floor. I am now wanting to repair/replace the moron's work, but have no clue as to how this can be accomplished.

Does anyone know how to replace the floor? Is there any way of doing it without gutting it with a saw?

Thanks
    Pictures would help.

Comment

I'm not sure how a picture would help. I want to remove the entire wood floor the casket sits on, rollers and all, out of the back.

I'd love to hear from someone who has ACTUALLY done this.

Comment

You're probably going to have to remove any interior parts that hide the edges of the table first, but they might not be designed for easy removal since its not like they would expect anyone to normally do so. I would start by looking along the sides towards the back to see how they come out.

or, cut a section of ply to fill the hole of what was removed, epoxy it in, hide the patch outline with body filler to fill in the cracks, then put a new layer of vinyl over the whole table [you'd have to measure and precut holes for rollers et al].

Comment

Thanks sgath,

Originally, I was thinking of just filling it, but the idiot also took out some of the iron support bars, so I'm not sure if I'll have to weld in new ones first. We plan on putting a new, lighter colored, laminate down, but have to fix it first.

I will try along the sides, and see if I can get the interior up carefully. Thanks again for the ideas.

Comment

Pictures might not help, but we still want a look.

Comment

Raven,
              I did this on one of my coaches. It's a Eureka, but I think it'd be pretty much the same idea as far as construction. The table was attached by the divider, at the back, and also along the framework underneath. You'll have to take out the side bottom panels that cover the rear wheel wells. There's also some panels along the rear side doors that most likely will have to come out as well. You might get away without removing the upper side panels in the back but it's a really tight fit. Depending on where and how much of the framework was cut out, you might be able to get away with not welding in any pieces. Mine was 1" square steel so it's strong stuff. Again, it depends on where and how much he cut out. You might be able to just patch in a piece and that would be a heck of a lot easier than taking out the whole table. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X