Installing seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing seats

I have a '85 S&S hightop. I would like to install some seats in the back, but I don't want to remove the roller platform, maybe modify it so I can install a seat. Any ideas on what I can do?

By removing the slider/adjusting mechanism, it will lower the seat a few inches, but they will still be higher than the fronts.
    Check out some boat seat manufacturers. Their seats are very universal and meant to be mounted on flat surfaces.
    Why not make like a wrap around lounge seat? You could lay one of those lighted dance floors right over the existing platform. PIMP!!
    Or you could go way overboard like me!
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

seats

I'll take a look at the back this weekend and see how it is put together. I'll take some pictures and post then so you can see how it looks. Thanks for the ideas. Your ride looks real nice.

Comment

bigevil what year is yours?

Comment

Mine is a 70.
          I have to say, removing all the platform/roller area was not easy. Building right over the top of it (after removing the rollers and hardware) might be easier. You can also return to stock if you want to at a later date.

Comment

I always thought it would be cool to do something like this on top of the existing platform with a lighted dance floor.

chrysler300_02.jpg

Comment

Wow! That would cost some major bucks!

Comment

Holy Hell man!!! Make me a front seat!!!

Comment

Nah, not that expensive. $300-$400 in materials (not including electronics).

Comment

sweet mines a 70 caddy also.

Comment

Working...
                    X