Trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer?

I am buying a 66' Cadillac 3-way and have to pick it up Oct 1st. Can anybody tell me if a 16ft flatbed trailer would be long enough? I've looked all over for an 18ft'er and it's next to impossible to come up with one where I live. The trip will be about 4 to 5 hours and I want to be prepared in case I can't get it running. Any suggestions from those who have dealt with this kind of situation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Originally posted by fngs777 View Post
    I am buying a 66' Cadillac 3-way and have to pick it up Oct 1st. Can anybody tell me if a 16ft flatbed trailer would be long enough? I've looked all over for an 18ft'er and it's next to impossible to come up with one where I live. The trip will be about 4 to 5 hours and I want to be prepared in case I can't get it running. Any suggestions from those who have dealt with this kind of situation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    well the car is about 21 feet long the wheel base is about 13 feet and the car is about 3 or 4 tons bigger is better

and make sure it will fit between the wheel wells of the trailer...

Comment

Originally posted by northgahearse View Post
      well the car is about 21 feet long the wheel base is about 13 feet and the car is about 3 or 4 tons bigger is better

and make sure it will fit between the wheel wells of the trailer...
      he is right, i know a 16 foot trailer will work if it has hidden ramps and 3500 pound axles. anything smaller wont work. also, the bigger the truck, the better.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I just brought mine back on a 18ft heavy duty trailor, with 8-10 ply tires, no sides on the trailor, had to take the ramps out of the pull out slots and make wider. it it very very heavy about 6,400 pds, it was pulled with a 350 ford dually and you knew it was back there, if it has a winch on the front, make sure you have clearance , mine didn't, so alot was hanging off the back. but we made it. We had a 4 hour Ozark hills trip back..

We could find no place to rent a bigger trailor.

Comment

So we just got back yesterday from getting my ride. It was a four hour trip to get her, and a 6.5 hour trip back! What a nightmare! I knew a hearse was heavy but I guess I really had no idea just how much. It bottomed out loading it on the trailer and with 3 people using come-alongs and anything else we could come up with, we managed to get it loaded up in a brisk hour and a half! The trip back had a lot of hills and was just plain scary! I hope I NEVER have to do that again. If so, I'm saving the money to have it moved!

Comment

glad you made it back safe with the new ride!

Comment

Working...
              X