Grounds.......Ever noticed....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounds.......Ever noticed....?

I don't know how many people here have done in depth work on their vehicles, or if you just came across this by chance, but have you ever noticed that the majority of the time when you have an electrical part not working, it's always the ground?

I went through the whole fucking interior of the 1959 this weekend. I basically rebuilt the whole dash. I took everything out, cleaned/repaired/replaced it, and when i put it all back together, EVERYTHING worked on the interior. My dome light, dash map light, none of these things worked ever since I got the car, and now they have just all come alive. All the power windows work, power seat works, EVERYTHING. It's just kind of funny to hook the negative terminal of the battery back up and your car light up like it was being reserected from the dead. I love my car. And now I got the feeling she finally loves me too. I just had to be one of those persistant assholes untill she caved.lol.

Your good at wiring?????

Comment

Very good actually. So long as I have the correct materials and I am not doing an "emergency peice together". I have had to do plenty of cars like that, where allthe materials i had to use is what i could find lying around. Things like that are never meant to be permanent.

Comment

grounds and oxidized connectors are the two worst electrical gremlins in vehicles.....glad to here it's all coming together for ya

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
          Very good actually. So long as I have the correct materials and I am not doing an "emergency peice together". I have had to do plenty of cars like that, where allthe materials i had to use is what i could find lying around. Things like that are never meant to be permanent.
          I was told once "I had to get the Billy outta my car"

Comment

well chances are someone didn't correctly replace make shift wiring like they should have. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see if something looks like a "throw together"

Comment

Working...
            X