Rims for a lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims for a lincoln

I have a 1985 lincoln I'm looking to put some nice rims on it this winter to set it off some. What wheels will fit it other than the stock ones on it? Will any off another car fit if so What do I need to look for ? Any help will be Great.

when I went looking for wheels for mine I went to the american racing wheels website and found out what my bolt pattern was and what offset, and than I went and found the ones I wanted on a custome wheel website.

Comment

You should have the 5X4.5 pattern on that. It's the same as most if not all RWD Ford/Mercury/Lincoln cars from the 60's up. Mustangs, Capris, Crown vics, Grand Marquis, ,Cougar, T-birds, MKVIIIs etc ....... many of the RWD Mopar cars have that pattern too. Alot of FWD cars have it as well but they have too much backspacing and you would need spacers to run them. Most of the front wheel drivers are narrow as well, most are only 6" or so wide.

Comment

Thanks I'll check them out.

Comment

glad to be of assistance

Comment

Originally posted by kshearsedriver View Post
            You should have the 5X4.5 pattern on that. It's the same as most if not all RWD Ford/Mercury/Lincoln cars from the 60's up. Mustangs, Capris, Crown vics, Grand Marquis, ,Cougar, T-birds, MKVIIIs etc ....... many of the RWD Mopar cars have that pattern too. Alot of FWD cars have it as well but they have too much backspacing and you would need spacers to run them. Most of the front wheel drivers are narrow as well, most are only 6" or so wide.

Whoa whoa whoa! Not t-birds/cougars/mark VIIIs(those are the cars which I have in my club, www.tstacc.com) Those cars have the pain in the arse 5x4.25 bolt pattern which has a very small variety of options. its also for some reason a FWD pattern on RWD cars. Ford is a moron sometimes. The 80s t-birds and cougars were 4 lug except for the mark vII which is the correct 4x4.50

I would check tire rack for wheels and ebay first for your options on compatibility.

Just be thankful that you don't have the t-bird/cougar/mark viii bolt pattern. You have no idea how long it took me to find a set of wheels for these two...

Comment

Working...
            X