Hood Hinges, 1975

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Hinges, 1975

Does anyone know what all year hood hinges will interchange with 75? What other caddy models fit Commercial Chassis? Does anyone have a set of said hinges?

Alex!

75 & 76 are the same thats all i know

Comment

Alex -
      I have a couple extra sets, but can't remember the years they came from, if you can post a clear pic of one I can compare and contrast.

Comment

I am like 99% that 71-76 was all the same hinges and they were the same on fleetwood broughams most likely.

Comment

74-76 is exact, 71-73 mounts different on firewall & requires modification, this I know from experience fixing a neighbors hearse. The modifications are easy but hood will not open all the way, the range of motion on 71-73 is different from 74-76.
          I found a set at a junkyard in excellent shape. But they are hard to find. Good Luck.

Comment

Pics

Thansk Doubel D, Ill email you a pic. I tried to close my hood yesterday and bent the piss out of them both. SHoulda hit them with some oil first

ALex!

Comment

Oiling hood hinges on old cars should be part of your routine maintenance.
              I oil mine every time I do anything under the hood.

Comment

Working...
              X