Not car related....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not car related....

Where is the best place to get free anti-spyware, anti-virus, etc software? Some of you people are computer gurus so I know you would know what would be best to use.
    Thanks,

AVAST is pretty good I have found

Download free virus protection for Windows PC. Avast offers modern antivirus for today’s complex threats. Fast, simple, and 100% free. Try it today!

Comment

I use the free versions of AVG for both spyware scanner and anti virus. Plus Spybot S&D, bazooka, and yahoo's free spyware thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaser View Post
        I use the free versions of AVG for both spyware scanner and anti virus. Plus Spybot S&D, bazooka, and yahoo's free spyware thingy.
        AVG is the shit!

Comment

Downloading AVG right now.

Comment

Got a link to AVG ??

Comment

I downloaded it, but it says I need to register it. It looks like to register it I have to purchase it. wtf? if it's free?

Comment

you don't have to register it. just click next.

Comment

Ed, I just Googled AAVG and it was at the top of the list. They have Spyware and Rootkit sofeware for free too.

Comment

Thanks Riff Raff. I'll Google. Next Rocky Horror Jan. 4th ?

Comment

Yup, Jan 4th, around midnight.

Comment

A buddy of mine posted this on another site.....
                        "Ad-Aware 2007 - Read the description on instructions on how to use the free version. This should be your primary Spybot remover.

This is probably not the page you’re looking for. Sorry about that.

Spybot - Search and Destroy - This should be your secondary Spybot remover

Spyware BLaster - This one runs in the back ground. Free version you have to manually update the program.

But basically I run ad-aware first, then after that is done I run Spybot, and I update the files for Spyware blaster once every week.

Oh and free anti-virus, been using this on mine and the wife's computer for about 5 years now..

AVG - Free edition

Oh and firewall if you are interested.. been using this one for a good bit of my computing experience...

Zone Alarm - This will install both the paid or free version. The paid version is the pro version, so just make sure you select the free or decline installing the pro.

Comment

thanks guys for your help.

Comment

Working...
                          X