shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocks

When I was checkin out the fuel leak, I notices that one of the rear shocks was snapped in half. Not a big deal since the guy said it would need new shocks anyway. Should I just go with stock shocks or is there something I need to do for the extra weight?

I upgraded to the heavy duty shocks. Longer life & better handling.

Comment

we just put air shocks on the 78,,, like it so much they will all be getting airs on the rear

Comment

Kewl. I wish I could afford air shox. I'm gonna order the HD shox for now.

Comment

the hds and air are about the same price hd as in with the exterspring around them i can look up the # later if you wish

Comment

i have air shocks on my 73.

Comment

Really? I thought airs were way expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by northgahearse View Post
                we just put air shocks on the 78,,, like it so much they will all be getting airs on the rear

Which ones did ya go with?

Comment

fairly cheap depending on the brand.

Comment

Air SHOCKS are cheap. Air BAGS are expensive.

Air shocks are just regular shocks with an air bladder in them to firm up your ride when you want and also give you a little bit of ride height adjustability. An air bags suspension system completely replaces your stock suspension system, and usually requires an onboard air compressor and valve control system to be useful. You can run bags with just a tire-type valve to fill them up, like air shocks, but it's usually not worth the expense to do it that way.

But yeah, regular ol' air shocks are around the same price as HD shocks, maybe a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by VAMP3D View Post
                      Which ones did ya go with?
                      are they for the 77 ?

if so ill get the #S and price when i get home in about a hour

Comment

They're for the '78.

Comment

they was about 65. for air
                          if i remember they were not what the book called for ours has studs on both sides.

Comment

Kewl. I'll get under there and make sure tomorrow before I head up to autozone. I just drove her around the block for the first time. WOW, quite the change from the 305. I didn't expect the 425 to have that much power, but damn. I'm also gonna get plugs, wires, oil n filter, air filter, and all that good stuff.

Comment

My husband recommends Adjustable air shocks for a hearse. They are slightly more expensive. They are well worth it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X