1985 century hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 century hearse

I have a 1985 Century Lincoln Town Car hearse, I was told that they have a fiberglass top does any one out there know any thing about this ?
    I have tried looking up things about Century Coach Company but I've had no luck or I may be looking under the wrong sites can any one give me any advice or web site's to check out ? I would aprecate any info I could get. Thank you

is it a vynl top car?

Comment

yes

Comment

i was going to say use a magnet to see if it was glass or not.....but hard to do with vynl.

Comment

I haven't heard of may Lincolns out there eaitherjust caddies its begining to make me wonder about them. But it is in good shape, some real slight surface rust thats going to get fixed & the top thats it. Well I have to put the casket table back in & rollers abck in thank god he saved them. I the guy I bought it from was trying to make a limo but I'm going to put it back to a hearse this winter.
          my worse spot is the top center maybe I'll talk to my brother inlaw he does rubber roofing maybe he can do something that won't look bad. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Most hearses nowdays are made with a fiberglass rear section, kinda looks like pick-up slide in camper. Not sure if an 85 would have been made that way or not.

Have you thought of have the roof coated with a spray in bedliner stuff. The good places can spray it thin enough to look like vinyl. I was told about $6 a square foot though.

Comment

yes I have been thinking about that I just wasn't sure about the top an as far as how much down pressure it could take by removing the old vinyl top & just how hard it is to remove the vinyl do you have to scrape it off or will it just pull off ?.
              I have never taken a padded vinyl top off before.

Comment

the top will usually pull off ........... scraping off the glue that held it on is a PITA though ...... and sometimes the padding likes to stick too ........ I know M-M started using glass tops in the mid-late 80s so its pretty possible that Century did as well

Comment

Thanks thats been what I've been trying to find out.
                  I was told it was glass but I wasn't sure.
                  I have no leaks so I'm hoping when I pull it off that it looks good.
                  One thing about glass its easy to fix if theres a problem.
                  Also I have bee trying to find out if anyone knows about century coach company ? I have looked all over an can't seem to find anything on them.
                  If any of you can help me please drop me a post or line.

Comment

i have an 85 eureka and mine's glass

Comment

thanks

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info I guess now all I have to do is rip in to it.
                        Any one know how strong they are in case I have to put any kind of presser on them like leaning on it to get to the middle ?

Comment

Working...
                        X