dash radio speakers problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash radio speakers problem

hello all , 84 S/S victoria . I have a concern about speakers under the dash pad. ; when I recieved my coach it didn't have any speakers under the dash. so I went and bought a pair of pionner 4x6 size. the passenger side fit perfect, but the drivers side won't . I looked to see what the problem is and the magnet on the bottom of the speaker is just barely touching the wiper blade switch housing down inside the hole for the speaker, making the speaker not able to set flush where it needs to be.... does anyone have a suggestion for a different type of speaker? ...... or I had a concern that I might be able to use a thin shim piece to raise the height of the speaker so that it would not touch the top of the wiper switch BUT would the magnetic field from the bottom of the speaker being just a fraction so close from the metal covering that is on top of the wiper switch cause any electric problems? since the magnet on the pioneer speakers are so large thank you

i put some new dash speakers in my coach. i had a similar problem, the driver side speaker would not fit properly. i had to carve out the plastic a good bit so it would fit.

I haven't noticed any electrical problems, but then i seldom use my stereo.

Comment

No, the breaker in your light switch is bimetallic, so it shouldn't be any problem. Just make sure that the speaker can't whack the light switch, or you'll have a spook noise that will drive you nuts. 6x9 speakers are going to make your dash flex up and down a little, so give yourself some clearance. You may even want to put a thin foam pad in.

-denise

Comment

thank you both for your input, I was thinking of along the same thing of having a small thin piece of foam resting on top of the light switch , so there would be a little protection from the base of the magnet and maybe using a washer or 2 to raise the 4x6 up away from the light switch as well . the top of the speackers are flush enough on the top ;that when I put the top dash back on it should be just rightwith out the speaker pushing up underneath it too much . I just wanted to make sure of any electric problems is my main concern thank you again for the info. this site has been very helpful to me

Comment

Working...
        X