2 ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 ?'s

I've seen some how to's on dropping and puttin airbags on coaches,but either I was lookin in the wrong spot or it's not in here but,I'm curious bout what would need to be done just to lift the ass end.Also,has anyone ever taken on the project of droppin a diesel engine in 1?Personally,I hate fuckin with gas engines I look under the hood and it just looks like some1 vomited parts in there! Makes me all cornfuzed! I prefer the KISS method to workin on stuff(keep it simple stupid)and get pissy when things don't do what I want.Smoke break!Lots of em!

I lifted my hearse 1 1/2 inches in the back. Just just added more leaf springs. It was to fit the taller tires & the added weight since I occaisionally haul many people in my car, 14 was my max.

The shop that did some of my work wanted to put a diesel engine in the car. They figured it would get better mileage. I prefer gas power in cars, but they said it was possible. They wanted to drop the drivetrain from a Dodge truck in there.

Comment

Sweet! Was thinkin bout dual exaust, maybe cuttin the yokes off a couple drive shafts to make em and bellin the ends.Yeah it's gonna be a loud growly sucker.

Comment

The only thing I like about diesels is you can literally smoke them, some one pisses you off, get in front of them & let the black smoke roll. Did it all the time in the repo truck, loved it when people would have their windows open.

Comment

Hell yeah! But I'm one of the odd balls I love the smell of diesel in the morning! I think I've been a military mechanic for too long! 1 of the girls(not in maint.) in Iraq accidentially put gas in 1 of the hummers cause the fuel can wasn't properly marked and a few guys were bitchin askin y she didn't smell it 1st?To the untrained nose diesel and "mo-gas" smell the same.Especially to a female who doesn't know squat bout vehicles.

Comment

So it didn't run right or at all? Most of the military vehicle I've checked on will run on just about anything combustable, or at least the old duece and a halfs did (My favorite military truck).

Comment

Well, it ran for a bit then had problems.If it's only a little bit and you catch it soon enough and replace it with diesel it's ok kinda cleans the system like stp but I wouldn't try to fill the tank! Deuces are pretty cool except for the "Armstrong"steering! I'da figured when they replaced the 800 series(standard) with the 900 series (auto) they'd've put power steering in as well,but noooo,that would've been too easy!

Comment

With first hand experience doing engine swaps from different manufacturers, let me tell you there is no such thing as "dropping in" an engine that is not original. It is a pain in the ass!

Comment

I'd go with the same manufacturer chevy,chrysler,ford...And I figured it'd be a pain in da butt but is it a HUGE pain in the ass or just a little pain in the ass?Oh never mind I like pain anyways.It'll mostly depend on the people I can get here in my area to help me.Mostly guys at the Army field maint.shop I been workin at.Military mechanics are known to be pretty clever at makin somthin outta nothin.I've been pretty amazed at what I've learned there,somthin new almost every day! love it!

Comment

Well, lets see. My engine had to go in and out 4 times. I had to have 1 custom header made (2 time to get it right), 2 tries to hand build a transmission mount/subframe, 2 tries to get the hand made engine mounts lined up just right, 3 different hand built pans to get the front sump oil pan correct, hand fabbed power steering pump mount (with a non gm pump), hand built exhaust, driveshaft needed to be modified, reworked wiring, fuel delivery, trans cooler, ignition, radiator hoses and heater lines, I could go on and on.

Comment

Sounds close to what I expected.I hate haveing to take it off put it on or out and in as the case may be, but I've kinda gotten used to it havin to put shit back together that some other ass has taken apart.Or redo somthing that some1 didn't take the time to do right the 1st time.Even with alot of planning things can take more than once to get right.Thanks for the experience info it helps to know what to expect!

Comment

I'd like to eventually put one of the smoky, dirty common rail cummins in one of my coaches.

Thick black smoke <3

Comment

DAMN! Choke em out! That'd be loud. Would a cummins even fit in a coach?The only 1's I've seen are in the larger Army vehicles.

Comment

what years is ur couch? you can do a simple airbag install with small lines and fittings etc. or u can cheap and go air shocks

Comment

Don't have 1 yet,but I'd like to get a 58 chrysler national that a guy in our club is sellin if he hasn't sold it yet and if his busy behind would get in touch with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X