help me solve a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me solve a problem

someone at some point in time probably the asshat ex owner sat something on the top of the hearse which naturally caused the top to bow inwards

the hearse is at a body shop and its getting royal treatment but me and the bodyman both have been scratching our heads on how to fix this sagging roof problem

i suggested building a skeleton inside the roof jacking the sag out of the roof and placing a skeleton inside to remove the sag. he suggested basicly the same thing except using a heat source to "remold" the roof

and of course weve gone over the all else fails fill it solution (not ideal)

any other suggestions.

this bow is about 2 to 3 foot long and half the width of the roof a good 1/4 if not more of a sag

Is the top metal or f-glass?

Comment

fiberass

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
      Is the top metal or f-glass?

Comment

For f-glass, I like the idea of the metal skeleton.

Comment

i agree with the big E a skeleton of some sort i think would fix your problem right up.

Comment

skeleton

Comment

well tried that was going to be too long and complicated to get the interior and so forth back the way it was suppose to be

so the game plan now is

its been jacked up for a week with the midwest heat and humidity and the garage heater on at night kinda baking it

tomorrow i think the body man is going to layer some fiber/cloth and glass it that way over the top to try and hold it in place IF that fails then ill have to do the skeleton thing

but if i do the skeleton thing ima gonna be spending some money cause im going to do a full rib cage looking deal in the rear of the car and customize the interior to fit i suppose

Comment

CHOPIT!

Comment

Working...
                X