Blower Motor Stays On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower Motor Stays On

The blower motor decided it does not want to shut off, in the wifes 90 Caddi Brougham Eureka. Even stays on after shutting off engine and removing the key. Blower Control Module? Blower Relay? I just unplugged it for now. Changed the wiper motor yesterday in it. I'm in the middle of changing the bushing and seal in the back of my transmission. And now something else. I'll never get around to working on my 80 S&S.

With the key off, I would think a relay is sticking open.

Comment

The control modules are notorious for going bad on those. It's firewall mounted, right?

Comment

Yup. It was the control module. I pulled the one outta my hearse to put in the wife's, seems to fix the problem. Off to the junk yard to find myself one Monday. Can't see over $100 at the dealership, and no one has it. GM part #16061602 Discontinued. Just like the damn A/C hose assembly. A real Bitch to find. Only used on 90-92 Caddi RWD.

Comment

Is it the blower motor relay? IF thats what your talking about, I'm not exactly sure what your guys are talking about, not familiar with blower motors and ac and such. But if it is I did a quick check at Twilight Zone and they have one in stock for 18bucks. Buy online only though not available at the store. Might save a trip to the salvage yard.

Comment

Control modules for everything like to go bad on 90-92 GM. We had to replace the ones for the wipers and the cruise control. I suppose it was just new technology for them.

Despite the integrity of the 350 TBI engine, I would avoid these vehicles because of all of the electrical problems. The dash electrical is problematic as well.

-denise

Comment

Yanno I've heard that before. Stay away from the 90's model caddies but I absolutely love mine even with the few problems i've had with it. I'm actually considering another one if I can find one at a decent price. People can have their brand new cars I'll take my 1990 FWD Hearse anyday over anything out there newer(well with the exception of a newer model hearse).

Comment

Working...
              X