Flickering lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickering lights?

So how can I get a simple 12v light bulb to flicker. I am going for the flame effect. Has anyone done this yet? I was thinking of having the tail lights flicker like they are burning. I'm also looking to do a fog machine in the 12v range to..Ideas anyone?

Custom Coffin Works.com

I've seen the flame or flickering 12 volt lights in JC Whitney last year, not sure if they still have them or not.
    Get a cheap smoke machine & use a small inverter. You can get a smoke machine & inverter for around $30 (of course the Halloween holiday should be near for the cheaper deal on the smoke machine).
    Be careful with the flickering tail lights, the police might issue you a ticket for safety equipment.

Comment

I used to use battery operated flickering tea candles in my sconces on the inside of my coach. I purchased them at Michael's.
      I'm not sure if you could replace the orange led with red. They were very cheap though. It wouldn't cost much to try.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
        I used to use battery operated flickering tea candles in my sconces on the inside of my coach. I purchased them at Michael's.
        I'm not sure if you could replace the orange led with red. They were very cheap though. It wouldn't cost much to try.
        I'm looking for bigger brighter 12 volt lights. I found a flicker circuit for sale on the Halloween forum but not quite what I was looking for. I want the effect of a fire. I like what you did with the furness but you've done that already... I like the idea of the tea lights, and lord knows my wife has those things falling out of the closets around our house..JC Whitney did not show any on a search.

As for the po po writing me a ticket..I would have them for stationary events.

Comment

I'm looking for bigger brighter 12 volt lights
          I get what you are after, my thought was to use the circuit board for the tea candle to run a larger led style 1157 red bulb.

The flame idea originated from this..

Comment

As for the po po writing me a ticket..I would have them for stationary events.
            When I was 16, I was pulled over, and I pulled a stack of traffic tickets out of the glove box and told him that if he was going to write me a ticket, just put it on the bottom of the stack and I would get to it.

He was kind enough not to write me a ticket. I got arrested instead.

-denise

Comment

Working...
            X