'85 Lincoln backdoor hinge bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '85 Lincoln backdoor hinge bushings

Does anyone know how to replace the hinge bushings in the backdoor of an '85 Lincoln Towncar Hearse? I believe it's an M&M, it has a fiberglass roof and backdoor. Short of removing the interior, I don't see how to get at it. Thanks, Rick.

Welcome Rick! (Been trying to get this guy over here to the NHAA for MONTHS!) Your Lincoln coach might be an M&M but I can't say for sure... others here will help out on identifying it. Maybe even offer some advice on the rear door hinge repair. You guys have to check out his coach... i'm gonna post 3 pix of it that I have. Rick has big plans for his coach as you will see in the pix, with the mean stance, bigs/littles wheel & tire combination, & cowl induction hood you should be able to tell he likes to go FAST... he's yanking the small block for a much BIGGER drivetrain. Good to see you here on NHAA bud!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hotroddwayne; 03-26-2009, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Oh man, the Continental spare tire hump on the back door is awesome

Never seen that shit before - cool damned coach

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
        Oh man, the Continental spare tire hump on the back door is awesome

Never seen that shit before - cool damned coach
        Dammit!! Our '88 needs one of those Continental spare doors!!

Comment

very kOoL...

Comment

Rick is also looking for a set of the S&S Victoria "carriage lights" for the sides of this Lincoln beast. Anybody have a set for sale or a parts hearse with a set you'd part with? The originals are very plain & he doesn't like them so an upgrade to a more ornate light is what he has in mind... this is what he's looking for or something similar...
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the help Dwayne, I'm starting to get the hang of this computer stuff!!! I finally created an album with some pics, more will follow as work progresses. I'm still hoping to get this hinge situation resolved before I finish bodywork and move to paint, any suggestions are appreciated. Later, Rick.

Comment

Working...
              X