Latch Removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latch Removal?

Has anyone done a automatic door popper on a 70's Cadillac? The only reason I need to do this is because it is hard to pull ( the suicide doors) open with the new rear seat I have now. I don't want it to pop open, I just want it to unlatch the door. I can then pull it open from there. Looking at the way the 3 way is done, it looks like theres not much room inside. How does the solenoid attach to the latch? Any help?

Thanks,
    Eric

I think you would have to use 2 solenoids, because there is a crank box attached to the door handle, with one rod going up and one down, to get both latches, with a flimsy bellcrank in the middle, which is why they get sloppy. If you try to do it with one solenoid, you will put a lateral load on whatever mechanism you use, unless you go with some kind of rotator and bellcrank instead of a solenoid.

-denise

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
      I think you would have to use 2 solenoids, because there is a crank box attached to the door handle, with one rod going up and one down, to get both latches, with a flimsy bellcrank in the middle, which is why they get sloppy. If you try to do it with one solenoid, you will put a lateral load on whatever mechanism you use, unless you go with some kind of rotator and bellcrank instead of a solenoid.

-denise
      Geess...Can't anything be simple on our cars? Thanks Morella. BTW, I figured out how to do the roll down windows on those doors. I just got to bring myself to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Custom Coffin Works View Post
        Geess...Can't anything be simple on our cars? Thanks Morella. BTW, I figured out how to do the roll down windows on those doors. I just got to bring myself to do it.
        Do tell!

Comment

Latch

The 67 I had The Silaniod was Revited to the door I drilled it out and took out the silanoid And Greased it with White Bike Grease and worked it up and down till it was easy to work and started to work on its own. Now that was in my old 67 I now have an 83 Cad. and it was setup almost the same way Because I have had to do it to the Passenger side back door. Hope that Helps. Is there any up and Coming events in Arizona. I have been taking My car Almost ever weekend to the Mesa car Show It would be nice to see a few more Hearse there. The people love it. Iam also looking for a differnt Casket Anyone have one? Thanks John

Comment

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
            Do tell!
            I'll start a new thread on that tomorrow. I need to get some pictures and sit down with photochop.

Comment

Yes, please do. I am always interested in engineering.

-denise

Comment

Working...
              X