Rear Wheel Bearing Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Wheel Bearing Removal

I need to replace the rear wheel bearing (driver's side) on my 73 M-M Lifeliner Cadillac. First attempts to do so have proved futile and they broke the puller. Any suggestions ?

Originally posted by Dean Wilkinson View Post
    I need to replace the rear wheel bearing (driver's side) on my 73 M-M Lifeliner Cadillac. First attempts to do so have proved futile and they broke the puller. Any suggestions ?

you can get a roller bearing with seal from (USA parts supply) i think they run about 150.00 .. i have been trying to find where they get them with no luck for about 3 years now

there is a long post about this on the pos board if ya want to try to find it

if ya need anymore info hit me up

Comment

this is the link to all you don't want to know about them seals

Comment

BTW, sometimes you can go to a bearing and chain supply with your seal and bearing in hand and find a similar or identical one for a fraction of the cost. How many wheel bearings have you pulled out that said "Timken" on them? I even got a vacuum pump seal for a 1961 Piper aircraft that way...they just matched it up.

-denise

Comment

Working...
        X