More gas tank advise needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More gas tank advise needed

My problem is a little different... Going to some pumps the gas shoots out at a very fast rate, which I've never had a problem with except with my current 1990 Cadillac Brougham by Eagle. I have to pump it slow or else it will shoot the gas back at me and drench the car in it. I'm really not sure why it's doing this but it's annoying. Any advice on how to make it stop would be appreciated.

I took the spring out of the fillerneck on my 1961 M+M, push the pump handle as far in as I can, and listen for the sound of a filling tube... :P

Comment

You might make sure that the vent hose isn't kinked. Other than that, I don't know. I worked at a full-service gas station, and about one out of a hundred cars was that way. It's a pain in the ass, and all I could ever do was fuel them slowly, or try turning the filler nozzle upside down or sideways. Sometimes just "putting the tip in" worked.

-denise

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
        You might make sure that the vent hose isn't kinked. Other than that, I don't know. I worked at a full-service gas station, and about one out of a hundred cars was that way. It's a pain in the ass, and all I could ever do was fuel them slowly, or try turning the filler nozzle upside down or sideways. Sometimes just "putting the tip in" worked.

-denise

Made me think of a song
        [YOUTUBE]DwtheBUMCGg[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Why is it that my computer always blue screens after I install the Vista upgrades?

I have Coe's "Evil 18". It's a little different from his commercial stuff, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
          X