drive shaft center bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive shaft center bearing

if any one needs one i think i got the hook up for the bearing mount thingy but they are not cheep about 160.00

just had my 70 shaft rebuilt all joints and cvjoints and they checked mine said it looked real good so thats the only thing not replaced. but he says he can get them ....

That must be some special support bearing for 160.00. Mine was about $35.00. Hope they used KY for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by dead ed View Post
      That must be some special support bearing for 160.00. Mine was about $35.00. Hope they used KY for that price.
      yours is a post 76 full size.... and im talking the
      "center bearing support" not just the bearing yeah you can still get just the bearing at auto zone well that might be pushing it a bit ....but not the bearing support...

but its the one no one can find

now try to find a rear wheel seal for a pre 76 car 135.00 for one of them puppys its now a rollerbearing they stopped making just the seal in 1982 welcome to pro car hard to find parts....

Comment

Am I mistaken? I looked up the wheel seal for my car, $11.99 and the bearing is $62.99

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...ll&totalPages=[I@18cab51&currentPage=1&vehicleNValue=&navValue=11 200255&parentId=cat30054&fromString=search&fromWhe re=null&filterByKeyWord=wheelseal&categoryNValue=1 1299999&categoryDisplayName=Drivetrain&_requestid= 611820

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...054&questions=[com.autozone.diy.valueobject.NavigationItem%40a951 3f%2C+com.autozone.diy.valueobject.NavigationItem% 401532ba]

That is what you are talking about right Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
          Am I mistaken? I looked up the wheel seal for my car, $11.99 and the bearing is $62.99

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...ll&totalPages=[I@18cab51&currentPage=1&vehicleNValue=&navValue=11 200255&parentId=cat30054&fromString=search&fromWhe re=null&filterByKeyWord=wheelseal&categoryNValue=1 1299999&categoryDisplayName=Drivetrain&_requestid= 611820

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...054&questions=[com.autozone.diy.valueobject.NavigationItem%40a951 3f%2C+com.autozone.diy.valueobject.NavigationItem% 401532ba]

That is what you are talking about right Dave?
          my bad it was late i meant real axel seal gm part # 1493724
          i have over time got 3 of them off ebay and you will have to pry them from my cold dead hands

the axel bearing yes you can still get but what good is it with out a new seal?

from a old ahhh darkside post

no one makes the seal anymore i talked with people from CR.seals skf.. nat seal... etc its not made.....

here are the #s that might help you find out they no longer make them.

axle seal 1969 -1976 commercial chassis

gm # 1493724 ***** not showing in the computers gm has anywhere....

skf # 20900 **** stoped making 10 years ago

the seal dimensions are
          2.086 ID
          3.171 OD
          with .376

rear end # 14 1654
          ofd3

now find me some front rotors for my 68 thats the hunt for this month.. 68 was the first year for front disks a oddball rotor for the commercial chassis...

being a packrat i kept most the old parts books from back in the day early 80s when i worked in a real parts house and we got new ones for the counter.... i sometimes have my local parts store call me to look up old stuff due that they tossed the old books a few years ago......

but come on guys i have 8 coaches all pre 80s 4 i have tagged and insured that i drive all the time ...... the kid has 2 running and one in total rehab at this time and one Marks old 76 that refuses to want to be put back on the road i have dropped 3 motors in her and she kills everyone of them. that is the only car i have had a strange chill from hummmmmmm she stays in the back covered oneday i might try to bring her back to life if she don't become a parts car...

trust me with 8 kids there is not much i have not had to search for to keep them all going ... but thats why you never see me im working on the damn things every weekend but nothing better them droping that block and it starts and then taking that first drive and making it back home and not on the back of a wrecker wheeeeeeeeeeee

stepping off the soap box now

Comment

Originally posted by northgahearse View Post

now find me some front rotors for my 68 thats the hunt for this month.. 68 was the first year for front disks a oddball rotor for the commercial chassis...

So I'm guessing for 68 its not running the same rotors as a fleetwood 75?

Comment

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
              So I'm guessing for 68 its not running the same rotors as a fleetwood 75?
              nope books says so but i got a new set sitting here and they are not even close ....
              and sometime in the past someone changed the calipers to stock caddy so its i bit small on the rotors

Comment

As far as seals and bearings go, I got my $100 seal for my aircraft at a bearing and chain supply store for about $5, as I recall. Look at these things...they usually say Timken or some popular maker, and some even have a part number. A bearing and seal supply store should have just about anything, even those post-76 Cadillac bearing and seal jobs that move the bearing to the unfucked part of the shaft.

My 76 has a little tiny carrier bearing, compared to the ones I'm used to seeing on trucks, but if you can find anything that will fit in your driveshaft, won't it work, or can't you use a lathe to turn one or the other up or down, and fabricate something?

-denise (species Buythetoolius Everhavetheparticas)

Comment

Working...
                X