belts for 472

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belts for 472

How are the belts run on a non a/c Cadillac with a 472? If someone could post some pictures that would be great.
    The reason I need to know is my a/c is locked up. I'm hoping the belt runs from the power steering to the fan and I can just another belt until I get a new a/c compressor.

it runs from the power steering to the pulley below the fan, not the actual one the fan is on

Comment

Thank you. That's what I wanted to hear. Now I got to take all the belts back off.

Comment

I went to the local parts stores and it's not listed in the computer. Has anyone here recently changed the belts on their non a/c car? If so, where did you get the belt or was the belt for something else?
        I'm going to try to get to Car Quest and see if they have it. We don't have a NAPA here anymore.

Comment

I got off early and finally got the belt. It's a 47" belt, but a 48" belt would have been easier to put on. It's on so it doesn't matter.

Comment

i just got rid of my power steering when i removed the compressor....keeps people from wanting to borrow my coach

Comment

Working...
            X