Window Trim - how to remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Trim - how to remove

So, I am going to have to tackle the rust problem. The rust is occuring on all my doors right under the rain guards. I think this is a typical problem on any car that has this kind of design.

So, the rust is occuring close or just next to the window trim. I'm sure there are tools out there to help make the removal much easier. I know you could take a flat head and carefully remove the trim, but that would be another thing for me to locate said trim.

Has anyone here done this before? Thankfully, the rust area is only a few small areas on the top of each door frame. Unfortunately, it goes all the way through the door and under the interior rubber door gasket.

Which coach Nicole?

Many have clips that allow you to remove the trim with only your bare hands. Try pushing up on the bottom of the trim, and at the same time, pull out on the top of the trim. It may take you a couple of tries to get the technique down but many coaches, thru all years and makes have this similar design. Give it a shot and let me know.

Comment

Some are screwed or bolted from the back also, so look real closely.

Comment

Some of them slide in, and then have 90-degree bend and a retaining screw on one end or the other.

-denise

Comment

Working...
        X