Trim Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Clips

I need a good source for 1/2" universal trim clips. These are the ones with a screw post, flat top and a "grasshopper leg" wire. "Cheap" and "in bulk" are important keywords here. I'll post a pic in a few if I can...

Pics as promised...
    Attached Files

Comment

hell , those are all over ebay I think I saw a large bag of old cadillac nos parts and they had those. I seem them on ebay alot here you go he has more as well.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-...Q5fAccessories
      Last edited by cean; 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

here are some more...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...Q5fAccessories

Comment

some more as well....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/55-56...Q5fAccessories.......hell I just typed in cadillac trim clips and there are 4 pages of them on ebay

Comment

Your one-stop shop for universal automotive retainers, automotive moulding clips and interior trim fasteners. Shop today and save on free shipping for all orders over $99!

try this as well

Comment

I found those, but I am hesitant to spend $40 on 50 of them, as I need more than that. Most trim clips can be had for around 20-30 cents apiece. My budget will only go so far...

Comment

I bought a box of them at my local upholstery shop for like $25. I don't remember how many was in the box though.

Comment

those type clips...
                  We bring you a vast selection of automotive moulding clips, sold in bulk and at unbeatable prices. Shop front- and rear-door moulding fasteners and fender clips.

looks like this one may be it....

Moulding Fastener
                  #10-24 x 3/4" Bolt
                  Plate Length: 1"
                  Plate Width: 1/2"
                  Replaces Ford: 358560; Chrysler: 1560058, 6010029; GM: 568792, 574355, 1165051
                  15 Per Package
                  $15 for 15 with a good pic and measurements so you get the right size

Comment

There was only one set of clips I couldn't find locally. Ended up buying from Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc. He is the website, restorationspecialties.com They were not cheap, but I needed them. The clips I needed ended up being for a Chrysler. If you have a Fastenal close check there. Also check Carquest and NAPA.
                    If this is the clip you need pm me, I have some extra ones. I got some for my hearse there.http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...0162645&ucst=t

Comment

Went to Fastenal 3 miles from my house, bought the box of 50 ($35 PLUS tax PLUS shipping?!?!?!?! I walked into the freaking store and paid almost $3 SHIPPING!?!?!?!) Got them home, and they don't fit. The little tang under the spring curve (see pic below) makes it too wide to fit in the trim underside channel.

CRAP!
                      CRAP!
                      CRAP!
                      CRAP!
                      CRAP!
                      CRAP!
                      CRAP!

Comment

hmm. that sucks. well i tried getting some trim clips for the windshield online, and they took forever to process the order. so i went to napa and they were able to get them the next day.

Comment

wait can you use a dremel tool and grind down that side just a little, to get it to fit in the trin piece? a little modify perhaps?

Comment

The man that painted my hearse used the clips for my hood molding. He said he had to cut them down some to make them fit, but they worked.
                            Did you ask at the Fastenal if they had a smaller size?

Comment

I haven't found any smaller than the above 3/4" X 5/16" plate (which is a LIE because of the tang). The tang is the issue here. I COULD modify these, but I would rather have the right parts. Also, you may see that these replacements have the spring bent back around, as opposed to "straight" out to the side...

Comment

Working...
                              X