Curtains??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtains??

Does anyone know where I might find patterns for hearse curtains? How have you guys solved this problem?

Most people just use thier old curtians as a pattern. But if yours are missing, you may have to find someone with a like coach to mske patterns from. If you have all the hardware in your coach, you can look at old pictures and brochures and make some from scratch. 99.9% of people won't know if they are correct anyway.

Comment

Curtains are made basically the same as in your house (maybe a few added fringes and holding loops) but on a smaller scale. I went to a "curtain store" and inquired on having some custom made... they were more than willing but wanted (what I felt was) big $$$ for 3 little windows. Like mentioned, if you have the hardware, sewing up some shouldn't be that hard. I did decided to keep my originals... a couple small rips but the wife thinks it adds personality.

Comment

Thanks a bunch. The original curtains are missing, but I think I can cook something up. And yes, I carefully removed the hardware and kept it.

I guess this is one of those things you don't really consider until you get to that part!

Comment

If you can't find someone to make your curtains, try posting on craigslist. I found someone on craigslist to make my curtains and she did it for a lava lamp. Make sure to measure each window. On my hearse each window was a few inches different.
          How many curtains rods do you have per window? Some hearses have two and some have three. Ones with two rods have the middle piece made into the side pieces.

Comment

haha I am going to post on craigslist to see if anyone wants to trade for making curtains for me! Anyone have pictures of how a 73 superior hearse curtain set would look?

Comment

Working...
            X